Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Trek Movie Ship

Author Topic: Trek Movie Ship
OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just sticking this here so not to clutter the ship speculation thread.

This is tentatively named "Mayflower" at the moment, but I'll probably change it at some point. I'm using the Kelvin as the base for a lot of the detailing on this ship, but with subtle variations. I want this ship to look as though it was designed with a similar design philosophy as the Kelvin, not a kit-bash of that ship. So the saucer is no where near as wide as the Kelvin's but similar in style, among other things.

Comments, critiscms, suggestions are all welcome.

Quick 5-way view of what I've got so far:

-  -  -

-  -

And the pic from the other thread, showing the ship with a better light rig, and some of the proposed detailing.

-

This pic is only testing out various things. Like the greebling on the forward half of the saucer, which is a little too much at the moment, so I will tone it down in the final version. The hull lettering style looks ok to me, but the font is a little off from what's in the new movie (I'm using an AmarilloUSAF font I found a while ago until I find something a little closer). Not happy with the "dirt" effect, so gonna completely rework it.

Trying to work out where to put the impulse engines now. I'm leaning toward putting two of them in the cut-out parts of the saucer, or maybe a big single engine on the rear of the saucer hull. As I can't really make out where the engines would be on the small low details pic of the actual ship I've seen so far. Also gonna work on the secondary Hull as well at some point.

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A quick few pics of some of the detail so far:

-  -  -  -

-  -  -  -

I'm gonna change he textures to a more blue-silver, as it's too beige at the moment. Plus remove the reflections, as it may be metal, but it's far far too reflective for any trek ships seen.

Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for Jim NCC1701A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're off to a good start there. Gotta say one thing for the new flick - there's more new designs in that one scene than we've seen in any other show or movie (except perhaps the BoBW wreakage), as near as I can recall.

--------------------
It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice interpretation so far!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps