Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Keeping my hand in

Author Topic: Keeping my hand in
Makotokat
Member # 1041

- posted      Profile for Makotokat         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been real busy with work (HD Television is somewhat complex) and 2 kids. So I've been watching lots of old scifi. This is a from a show that was my favourite when I was a kid.
 -
Any Guess what it's from?

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, c'mon, give me something hard! That's the backbone of the Space 1999 Eagle.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the guys in my local model building club has built several of the Space 1999 vehicles. To painstaking detail, I might add.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Makotokat
Member # 1041

They knew how to build a realistic spaceship!
 -
Did a little more tonight.

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Derek Meddings was a helluva guy, he built the most memorable and realistic future tech on telly. One of the first things I made when i took up 3D modeling was the Eagle, although I made a complete hash of the cockpit as it was rather complex for my skills at the time.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Makotokat
Member # 1041

Probably too complex for me, but I'm making one anyway.
Makotokat
Member # 1041

Okay I have to backtack. The second cage is not right, I have to make it deeper. Some of the rods are off too.
 -
I'll take another go after work tonight

Makotokat
Member # 1041

quote:
Originally posted by Axeman 3D:
although I made a complete hash of the cockpit as it was rather complex for my skills at the time.

I had an eagle transporteer toy as a kid (still have one of the landing feet somewhere) and the cockpit on that doesn't seem the same. The insets were right angles but the screen grabs and models I've seen lately are ANGLED....
Makotokat
Member # 1041

Rebuilt the cage, I'm much happier.
 -

Makotokat
Member # 1041

Last update of the night
 -

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, who's Makotokat? I thought you became BlueHarvest (ha!) or something

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...build a Runabout version- that spine/module config reminds me of that.

Maybe the long-speculated "Hopper" design?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps