Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » playing around

Author Topic: playing around
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

So after making non-Starfleet-like Starfleet fighters I decided to set it in my own 'verse. Kind of a mix of Firefly and Battlestar Galactica set about 200 years in the future. Humans have begun exploring space and setting up colonies in a trinary star system. I realize there aren't really any star systems like this with habitable planets relatively close to Earth. So sue me. Image includes the 3 capital planets, then Mars, our moon, and the colonized moons of the two planets in the star system.

As I said. I was just playing around in Photoshop for about half an hour working on a basic backstory.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need a pool cue in there somewhere. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Maybe. It was just a quick image. Didn't bother with planetary details.

So here's another. A flag. The three stars of the system, the yellow star being the primary star with orange and red dwarf companions. The white star by itself represents our sun.

I wanted to incorporate elements of the US, UK, and Chinese flags to show that this union is created by three of Earth's superpower nations. The green field behind the stars representing peace and cooperation.

As I said I'm going for a Firefly/BSG 'verse. No Trek. Aside from FTL travel, no phasers, photon torpedoes, transporters, etc...

There is a Union Navy and Union Marine which operates a fleet of space ships to ... maintain the peace and provide defense for the colonies. Allied defense force uniforms would include the UAC flag on one sleeve, and flag of their other nation. US, UK, Aussie, Japanese, and so on.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Images aren't working for me
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, this thread IS coming up on a year old...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps