Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » F14 Trekcat (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: F14 Trekcat
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
The jet mesh itself looks great...but I don't think it's possible to make this concept look aesthetically coherent. It puts me in mind of a random email I got some years back from some trekkie who'd done his car up to look like a shuttlecraft. Though it wasn't a particularly nice motor to start with, it still wasn't a pleasant sight.

There's a minivan that is often at sc-fi cons that dressed up as a TNG shuttle.

I'm geek anough to notice that they used both TNG and pennants though.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like the same Charlie. Though I suppose it's possible there are two characters out there willing to be seen in public in a dozy-pratmobile.

What got me was why randomly email pictures of the god awful thing so some stranger on the internet. More specifically, why me?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're king of the geeks, he clearly recognised your greatness. Plus you made a lot of Trek graphics in the past, you're his inspiration.

The guy is a psychiatrist or psychologist or something who has covered his Toyota Prius in Trek signage. He has recently had the seats re-covered with a Trek logo on them (quite nice looking actually) and added 'phaser emitters' to the wing mirrors. He posts regularly on the TrekBBS and is now showing his car at custom car shows around the US. He's using it to promote electric and hybrid tech to rednecks/nascar fans, many of whom think that sort of stuff is science fiction.

We've all pulled him up for being something of a loony, but he's happy in his world and loving the attention. He claims that the car can be returned to stock in a day by removing the stickers, etc so he's not devalued his car. He wins oddball awards at car shows and walks around dressed in a Trek uniform with Vulcan ears on, so I dont know if he can be fixed quite so quickly.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to finish this thread off, I knocked up a simple animation in 20 minutes to see how the thing looked in the air and swinging the wings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhQRuoPcKZ0

When I say 20 minutes, it took 20 mins to set up the animation. Actual rendering time was around 10 hours, so I do this sort of throwaway stuff overnight.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's.....um....quite the music you got there.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

Youtube for the win there.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, no Kenny Loggins? [Razz]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

Believe me, Dangerzone is not on the list of available tracks. I did try.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.