Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » New Starship (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Starship
Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a color schematic...

And a simple B&W line drawing of the same...

Whaddaya think?

------------------
-=Ryan McReynolds=-

[This message was edited by Ryan McReynolds on March 27, 1999.]

[This message was edited by Ryan McReynolds on March 27, 1999.]

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed that for whatever reason, the two above images occasionally don't load and are replaced by annoyingly ugly Xoom buttons... if that's the case right now, I certainly don't know what's going on, but re-entering the thread worked for me. This is my first image post here, so if there's something vital that I don't know, feel free to educate me...

------------------
-=Ryan McReynolds=-

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xoom is extremely unfriendly when it comes to displaying images linked from it. The exact reason escapes me, though I'm sure somebody remembers. If you can, upload the images somewhere else.

------------------
"The record of my unspeakable crimes, in previous lives, in previous times, indelibly stains the pages of history."
--
They Might Be Giants

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

I have some webspace here at UT, but someone hacked my account and changed my password... as a result, I can't upload until I go down to the admin and fix the problem on Monday, so Xoom's all I've got at the moment.

For those who want to just go look manually...

http://members.xoom.com/rmcrey/images/Design%20001.gif

http://members.xoom.com/rmcrey/images/Design%20002.gif

------------------
-=Ryan McReynolds=-

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xoom blocks non-Xoom referrers. The moral of the story is, avoid Xoom, Geocities, Tripod, etc., and support the hard-working Web space providers of the world.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Vortex: "It just don't pack the punch it used to..."
Swindle: "Yeah, because we're out of energy, dummy."

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I quite like it, but I'd have to see a side view before I commented further.
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird.....When I went here a minute ago it shwoed the XOOM buttons. Now it shows the image. I like it. It reminds me of the Negh'Var.
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same thing.Jeez, that freaks me out.

------------------
What bloke invented this idea?

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and btw, that happens when you load the image on it's own and reload a page with a link to it.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it too. Do you have a side view?

------------------
Brain. Brain. What is brain? (Kara the Eymorg, "Spock's Brain")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cujo: Well, the pic might show up, since it'll be in your cache, but then it might not. I don't know. :-)

------------------
"I fart in your general direction!"
-John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

I'm working on the side view, but I haven't nailed it down yet... having a hard time deciding between a flatter profile or a little curviness. All I know for sure is that teh pylons and nacelles are horizontal. I work on paper, and then scan and trace in PSP, and I won't have access to a scanner until this weekend. I'll post a final three-view sometime this weekend, if things go on schedule.

------------------
-=Ryan McReynolds=-

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

Oh yeah, Bernd... the quote from "Spock's Brain" is actually "Brain and brain, what is brain?!?" Nitpicky, sure, but thought you might like to know... =)

------------------
-=Ryan McReynolds=-

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were to conceive a side view, I would place the nacelles above the engineering hull, while the rest of the ship would be rather flat. The ship would look a bit Norway-ish (Norwegian?) in this case. Maybe if the Sovereign-type nacelles are turned in the usual direction, it looks a bit more familiar, but this might not be your intention.

Thanks for the hint about the quote. I've noticed that there is often more than one version of a quote in the web, so I will check it out next time. In the meantime I've changed my sig file anyway.

------------------
I know engineers - they love to change things. (McCoy, STTMP)
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.