Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Transparency in Images

Author Topic: Transparency in Images
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you get the backgrounds of your image to be transparent? Can you do it in MSPaint or PSP3, or will I have to get PSP5?
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PSP5.

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can do it in PSP4 as well.

--Baloo

------------------
HANDLE WITH EXTREME CARE:
This Product Contains Minute Electrically Charged Particles Moving at Velocities in Excess of Five Hundred Million Miles Per Hour.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen the feature in PSP4, but PSP5 has the it: Colors => Set Transparancy (or something like that).

------------------
"Those that can, do. Those that can't, laugh at those who can do."

- Xander from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Ulead has a program that can convert images as PNG files, it's called iPhoto Plus 4.

------------------
"I think therefore I'm DANGEROUS!" -MI

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where are the instructions to create transparencies in PSP 5?

Thanks

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://members.aol.com/captaincks/readyroom.html

"The man on the top walks a lonely path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession, Stardate: 3619.2

Pedro
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're probably under the Options button in the Save As dialog, that's where they are in PSP4.
IP: Logged
Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fed, If you are refering to that shareware version of PSP I found out how to set the transparency by looking in the help file, but I shall devulge my knowledge to you absolutely free!

Save As. Chose GIF. On the right of the save window there will be a OPTIONS button. Press it. Don't be shy. It will open another window with four--yes four--transparency manipulation options. The two you want are the bottom ones: Set background color to transparent, or set transparency to (0-255) the later being transparent.

Okay now, have fun!

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is an options button, but it's "greyed" over, i.e. I can't access it.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In PSP5: Go to the "Colors" menu and select "Set Pallette Transparency". Either that, or just hit Ctrl+Shift+V. It's pretty self-explanatory from there.

BTW, it seems you cannot do transparencies w/ greyscale images. Could this be your problem?

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

Thanks, people. I just downloaded PSP5. I'll figure it out.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps