Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Story i Wrote, *DEAD OF NIGHT Sample Chapter*

Author Topic: Story i Wrote, *DEAD OF NIGHT Sample Chapter*
Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the first chapter of a story i am currently working on.

I would appreciate your honest oppinion.

DEAD OF NIGHT

Chapter 1
The city is shrouded in the darkness of the night. The streets below are bustling with the activity of the night. People from all walks of life rolling through their lives not knowing that their pathetic lives are on the brink of destruction, held there by the forces of darkness.
However, there is one man who walks with these cattle, with these humans who knows of their fate. He is but one of a select few, who must protect the rest of the world from the coming darkness.
The man walks though the throngs of people; his every movement is filled with purpose, as if he was hunting some one or some thing. The street lamps illuminate his figure. Others can clearly see him in the soft glow from the overhead lamps. He is a wearing a long black flowing trench coat, nearly the color of the night it self, and red sun glasses almost the color of blood.
Some of the people passing by stare at this strange man. Mainly they are staring at his attire, and not him. Many are still suspicious, after several events that had transpired, in last days of the 20th century. The crowd gives him a wide birth, allowing him to walk quickly down the bustling street.
"Lets see, what we can see." The man whispers to himself.
He reaches up for his glasses and taps a small control on the side of them, adjusting his spectrum of vision to where the world is now in black and white.
"Ah, there she is." He says quietly to himself, as a young woman's figure becomes silhouetted in red.
He slowly heads in her general direction, as not to draw attention to him self. His targeting display zooms in on her figure. He can clearly see that she is dressed as a prostitute.
"What a perfect way to lure her prey to her," the man thinks to him self.
He closely observes that she is talking to large robust man. The large man then nods his head vigorously, and walks with her to a nearby alley way, isolated from the main street.
The man in the trench coat forces his though the crowd to the entrance of this neglected alleyway. He can clearly hear the sound of passion as he walks into the alley; the moans of pleasure are suddenly replaced with a sharp shriek of pain and strange slurping sounds. As the couple comes into view, he can clearly see the gaping wound on the man's neck and the woman greedily sucking away at the deep crimson liquid gushing from it.
"I don't think that he paid you to suck that." He says in a sarcastic manner, a cruel smirk forming across his face.
This intrusion was unexpected. The woman turns to face this new threat. The man can clearly see her face now, blood stained and furrowed in the demonic visage of that of a vampire.
The woman drops the half-drained man, and quickly begins to charge at the unarmed stranger. The female vampire whips past him at incredible speeds, but amazingly misses him. As she flies by, she begins to scream in agony, she realizes that she no longer has a hand. As she grips the stump, black blood gushing from the severed arteries, she can see the stranger in no longer unarmed, and is now wielding a katana, a Japanese sword, soaked in blood, her blood.
"How the hell can a human move so damn fast?" the woman thinks to her self.
She rises up from the ground, still griping her bloody stump, and begins to flee, running for her undead life. The man extends his arm as a small, modified Derringer pops out from his coat sleeve. He gently pulls the triggers, and a high-density polymer round blasts from the barrel.
The bullet rips though the female vampire's knee, shattering her kneecap. She falls to the ground screaming in agony, the ground becoming soaked with her blood.
"Who are you?!" the vampire screams at the stranger.
"I am your death." He says as he brings his sword to bear.
He raises his sword high over his head, and mercilessly brings it down across her neck. Her head tumbles on the now bloody pavement, as the body bursts into a huge pillar of flames and crumbles to a fine pile of ash and bone.
He hears a low groan coming from the man dying in a puddle of his own blood. The man is barley alive, and most likely to become one of the undead horrors he just killed.
The stranger extends his hand, as if to help, but instead reaches for his neck and snaps it in half, the breaking of vertebrae echoes in the now empty alley.
He throws a small vile on to the dead body, and slowly walks away. Within seconds the body becomes a funeral pyre, flames launching high into the sky.
He continues to walk away, a cruel smile forming across his face. The flames are now dying down, and sirens can be heard in the distance.
"Time to leave," the man thinks to him self.
He quickly shifts though the pile of ash, which once was the female vampire. He collects the still smoking skull from the pile of ashes, and places it into a small duffel bag.
The sirens are drawing closer; he quickly rejoins the crowd of people and disappears into the darkness from which he came.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

[This message has been edited by Necromancer (edited February 13, 2000).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen the movie Blade, but I imagine it would be like this...

------------------
Ross: "Inter arma, enim silent leges."
Bashir: "'In the time of war the law falls silent.' Cicero. Have we become a 24th-century Rome, driven by the fact that Caesar can do no wrong?!"
-Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, it needs paragraph breaks. I realize that those aren't the most simple thing to do in this setting, but it's important to remember. Secondly, keeping it in present tense can be a little jarring when carried out over the entire story. On the other hand, one has to be very cautious when changing tenses.

As for the plot, it does seem rather...derivative. I'm presuming that there are twists later on?

------------------
"You are stupid and evil and do not know you are stupid and evil."
--
Gene Ray, Cubic

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps