Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Windstar-class

Author Topic: Windstar-class
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing the recent starship art reminded me of a kitbash I made a while back but never posted.

Yes that's a name of a minivan, but it sort of resembled one to me.

While it may not have the sleak lines of other ships (why does Starfleet ships seem to be aerodynamic in space anyway?) it's role is that of a battle ship, heavily armed, usually the flagship leading the battle without actually getting into the thick of things. In the true tradition of Starfleet vessels of course it can be easily modified for deep-space science missions.

Almost forgot, thanks to Fabrux for hosting the image on his site. More of my kitbashes can be viewed at http://fabrux.virtualave.net/fan.html incase you're interested.

------------------
"The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park" - Torres
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited March 01, 2000).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The things I do while under the influence of--oh, wait. This is a G rated forum...

I vaguely remember uploading this... Very nice.

------------------
Ross: "Inter arma, enim silent leges."
Bashir: "'In the time of war the law falls silent.' Cicero. Have we become a 24th-century Rome, driven by the fact that Caesar can do no wrong?!"
-Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me likey! It's really cool, I like the unbalanced look of that part hanging off the front of the saucer.

Fabrux...are you hinting to the use of psychoactives?

------------------
My Stuff!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, not psychoactives. Just that stuff that comes in a bottle labeled XXX in cartoons.

------------------
"Yes. I have seventeen brains! And eleven legs. And a pecan."
-Frank Gerratana, March 3, 2000

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Starfleet ships are aerodynamic, because it reduces the amount of stress on the Structural Integrity Field when going into warp.

------------------
"Si vis pacem, para bellum." (If you want peace, prepare for war)
- Vegetius
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.