Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Gorn Research Cruiser...

Author Topic: Gorn Research Cruiser...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm slowly figuring out how to do the Gorn ships so I don't feel like I've painted myself into a corner about them. I re-wrote the Gorn cruiser, frigate, and destroyer in the Gorn Intelligence Report, and added the following ship:

"Triceratops Research Cruiser

It's a ship that came before the "Megalosaur" cruiser. The odd-looking antenna-on-a-pole was an attempt to add additional sensors capability to the ship once it had been in service a while, without redesigning the whole ship (it's retractable).

Click on the image to open a new window (and read the description).

--Baloo

------------------
"Helping Tomorrow Feel Superior by Scoffing at Yesterday."
--James Lileks [Motto of The Institute of Official Cheer.]
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited March 08, 2000).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I'd say that's very Gorn-ish. I like the idea of the extra sensors as an afterthought / modification, incidentally. It's how I'd expect lower-tech races to adapt, especially those who may not be able to afford entirely new ship classes to keep up the pace of development.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps