Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » First of Two's "Avatar"

Author Topic: First of Two's "Avatar"
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked the mail Tuesday and 1st of 2's package arrived with the drawings in it. My only measurement instrument (for the time being) is a ¼" steel tape, but I (and more importantly, 1st of 2) think it turned out okay:

Weapons arcs:

1 dorsal phaser (p/f/s)
    1 ventral phaser (p/f/s)
    [Sorry, but I relocated that phaser to the beltline, and added some short emitter strips behind the pylons, to widen the arc of fire.]
    8 torpedo launchers (4 fwd, 4 aft)

There ya go!

------------------
"Helping Tomorrow Feel Superior by Scoffing at Yesterday."
--James Lileks [Motto of The Institute of Official Cheer.]
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet!

------------------
"Yes. I have seventeen brains! And eleven legs. And a pecan."
-Frank Gerratana, March 3, 2000

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As always, Baloo does FANTASTIC work.

Now, the idea was for this to be a Mirandized Sovreign, hence the elliptical saucer. Baloo added a deflector which should have been there, but that I forgot to draw. He also cleaned up some extraneous detail that would have been too small to see anyway, and made the nacelles fit properly.

All in all, it's better than I drew it.

Huzza to the big bear!

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheesh! Such profuse gratitude when I was afraid you'd be pissed I wouldn't be able to include all the intricate details! I'll have to be careful I don't forget what humility is or how to use it.

BTW, have you looked into investing in the (somewhat inexpensive) drafting tools I recommended? I also recommend a circle gauge and an ellipse gauge if you can find a good one.

------------------
"Helping Tomorrow Feel Superior by Scoffing at Yesterday."
--James Lileks [Motto of The Institute of Official Cheer.]
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps