Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Srynin Class Assault Runabout

Author Topic: Srynin Class Assault Runabout
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check this out. I drew this on looseleaf a little while ago then scanned it and touched it up.

What do you guys think?

------------------
I did it! I did it all! And I'm damn proud of it too!

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neat design. Mayeb you shoudl taper the back, move the rollbar back or remove it, and make the registry higher.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks* Er... The back is tapered, isn't it?

------------------
"I see you've found your Nausicaan friend. You seem unimpaled so far..."
-Q to Picard, "Tapestry"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are the nacelles supposed to be of the same type as the Enterprise-E shuttle nacelles? Maybe you should make the side windows smaller, so as to suggest the ship is at least some 20m long. With the big window it looks more like a shuttle of 10m. Registry should be 75xxx.

------------------
"No, thanks. I've had enough. One more cup and I'll jump to warp." (Janeway, asked if she would like some coffee in "Once upon a Time")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks front heavy, about to tip over.
Looks good though

------------------
I did'nt do it.

IP: Logged
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er...the registry of this particular runabout is actually NCC-26615/03....it is runabout #3 assigned to the U.S.S. Nemesis. I guess the side window could be a bit smaller...

------------------
I did it! I did it all! And I'm damn proud of it too!

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a bit front-heavy and blockish, but I like it.

------------------
Here we go! Ale, Ale, Ale!
Go, go, go! Ale, Ale, Ale!
Arribe va!! El mundo está de pie!
Go, Go, Go!! Ale, Ale, Ale!

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aren't runabouts considered transports? If so,then we have a new type of ship: the assualt transport!

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er... I don't think a runabout would make a good transport, seeing as it can't easily hold more than about five people at a time...

------------------
"There's always a bigger fish..."
-Qui-Gon Jinn, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Danube class is like . . . HUGE.

20 meters? That can fit more than five.

------------------
Here we go! Alé, Alé, Alé!
Go, go, go! Alé, Alé, Alé!
Arribe va!! El mundo está de pie!
Go, Go, Go!! Alé, Alé, Alé!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I meant comfortably. You could cram ten or fifteen people in, but it would be rather cramped...

------------------
"There's always a bigger fish..."
-Qui-Gon Jinn, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

So? We've seen it used as a transport before. It's oppfetne (do I mean often?) used for evacuating the station's non-essential personnel. Plus, it makes a good transport. It's fairly fast, and it doesn't ahev anythign else to be classified as.

------------------

[This message was edited by Federation Shipmaster on May 22, 1999.]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Federation Shipmaster is right about the Danube Class runabouts. And this runabout looks good for assult missions. It's smaller than the Danube Class (I hope) which is perfect for certain manuvers. The weapons pod is a good attachment, hopefully it can fire regular photon or even quantum torpedoes. But I'd lengthen the nacelles to balance the long foward section of the ship. Otherwise, it's a good design. I'd like to see what Sisko would have done with these at DS9 instead of the Danube Class. Maybe he would not have to loose any...

------------------
"It's been...fun." -Kirk

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.