Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Necromancer's idea! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Necromancer's idea!
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What no USS Necromancer.
Just in Case

Necros Class: medium destroyer
NX-6666
*I have become Death, Destoryer of worlds*

Well, I kinda liked the name

So: here it is! Hope you like it:

The Necros Class is a top-secret Section 31 starship. It is equipped with phased-cloaking technology. The Federation and Starfleet officially deny any knowledge of it. It has a S31 NXX registry and no USS/SS prefix.
It is armed with a powerful phaserbank and several quantum/photon torpedotubes. Have you got any more sinsiter names for ships?
Here are a few names I thought of:
Beast
Darkchild
Warlock
Nemesis
Apocalypse
Warchild
Necromancer

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

[This message has been edited by Prakesh (edited March 15, 2000).]

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it

A few names:

Kraken
Anubis
Ragnorok
Harbringer

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. Reminiscent of the Starfleet Intelligence Covert Operations Ship I have been working on, the Deceiver Class. Though I think the Necros is larger.

*Wonders if anybody knows HIS nickname used to be another one of those ships, the "Darkchild"*

The Deceiver Class (And there was no prototype named Deceiver, just to make things confusing) were all named after famed Liars/Traitors, thusly

Quisling
Serpent
Arnold
Morag
Duras
Flanagan
Jezebel
Belial
(and some others)

Sinister names?
Sinister
Warhammer
Charybdis
Fenris
Deathbird
Cain

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Malestrom

------------------
"I am a hyena. A hyena is an animal who laughs when there is nothing funy to laugh at. This is the sound a hyena makes. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha."--W.E.B. Griffen, Semper Fi

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) It's Ragnorak (I just learned Norse Myth in school two days ago)

2) It's Harbinger (I don't know where people get Harbringer from. Harbinger means "first of her line")

3) It's Maelstrom...I think...

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it "Ragnarok"?

And those are rather appropriate names (Quisling and so on) for that class, First.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
359: Probably because harbingers "bring" bad news, or something. And I'm pretty sure you're right about "maelstrom", but Garak's spelling of "Ragnarok" looks more correct to me. But I could be wrong on that one.

I wonder why people seem to think that an apocalypse is a bad thing...?

------------------
"To make the merry-go-round go faster, so that everyone needs to hang on tighter, just to keep from being thrown to the wolves."
-They Might Be Giants, "They Might Be Giants"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Ragnar�k, pronounced rangnaruk, with the long "u" from turn. That's as close you english-types can get without learning our scandinavian sounds!

------------------
-At least I can get it up without biomechanical pumps.
-Try falling into a pit of lava, Moffy. Then see how horny you feel.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And who or what is this Ragnar�k?

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Norse mythology, it's basically the equivalent of "Armageddon". In other words, the end of the world as we know it. Or as the old Norse thought they knew it, anyway. :-)

------------------
"To make the merry-go-round go faster, so that everyone needs to hang on tighter, just to keep from being thrown to the wolves."

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the end of the world as they knew it, and they felt fine...

Sorry, had to do it.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I figured someone would. :-)

------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ragnarok (my bad on the spelling) is when the Frost Giants (called Jotars) from Jutenheim (part of Niflheim) will battle the Gods (called Aesirs) from Asgard will battle on the rainbow bridge that connects Asgard and Niflheim, and it will be the most glorious battle ever, but will be the end of the world.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just find the names of all the Star Destroyers. That should give you some good ones.
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/isd.html#list

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"This spontaneous stuff takes a little bit of planning." - John Flansburgh

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.