Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Klingon Warbird

Author Topic: Klingon Warbird
Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new issue of the Star Terk magazine's Bird-of-Prey parts prompted some creativity.

The warbird takes elements of the Vor'cha and the K'vort to create a powerful warship capable of atmoshperic flight and surface landing. The bow contains two independent torpedo launchers. Size: somewhere between 425 and 550 meters.

------------------
Sector One at last. We are home. Tuvok, arrest the Maquis. Mr. Kim, inform Starfleet Command we have completed our mission.
Capt. Janeway upon reaching Earth.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan
www.gamingsector.com

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like anything that looks similar as a BoP, but not the same. Nice work.

------------------
"No, thanks. I've had enough. One more cup and I'll jump to warp." (Janeway, asked if she would like some coffee in "Once upon a Time")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Normally I never reply on this board, but the quality of this, the imagination put into Cargile's Darkstar (although the name is a bit B5-ish), and the svelte USS Cascade of Sunspot's, prompted me to bother my arse to type.

Not wanting to insult anyone, but the ratio of
"Cut-and-Paste Monstrosites" and "Kit-bashed Crimes Against Humanity" to actual innovative designs, ideas and concepts has been unfortunately high of late. Will I mention the USS Nightmare from a while back? Damn.

Anyway, the designs I mentioned above go a long, long way towards redressing this. They are excellent, and more importantly, imaginative.

Oh, how I have tired of hearing of the "USS Banjo-Kazzoie", and it's +3K multi-poseable phaser turrets, and it's hide-behind-the-asteroid-field cloaking device, and it's laminated-windsceen regenerative shielding.

I AM SICK TO MY BACK TEETH OF SPECS BEING UPGRADED AD NAUSEUM JUST TO MAKE A SHIP SOUND COOL!!
*cools off*

OK, sorry about that rant, but what needs to be seen here and elsewhere are NOT Borgified Mirandas with Ferengi nacelles or Sabres with Cochrane doors or Vulcanised rubber(?), but truly clever ideas; the kind that can make their designers sit back and smirk a mile-wide smirk, and know that they did a good job.
I know everyone tries hard, but TASTE, God dammit, is it much to ask for?!

P.S. Does anyone else think Cargiles Twlight class looks a bit like an Akira over a pond?
(I said "a bit"; that means "Not much".)

* Waits to hear people complaining "But why don't you go ahead and design something worthy, if you're so smart?" Truth is, I haven't got the first clue about modelling--my starships never seem to fit on the catwalk and leave enough room for Claudia, Naomi et al.
Now, now Galaxy; Heel, toe. Heel, toe. Just like we practised last night. *

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have a point.

Point of order: The Twilight is Altair's, not Cargile's. (and to me it looks like an Akira IN a pond.)

That being said, the above really is an excellent design. Cargile's designs continue to be top-of-the-line.

(and I continue to wish I had a scanner, or the slightest ability to create ANY kind of CAD, Paintshop, Photoshop, or whatever drawings.)

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the "Nightmare" was SUPPOSED to be a joke, playing on bad fannish cut-and-pastes.

------------------
You're just JEALOUS because the little voices talk to ME!

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
* Groans *
Sorry Altair; I could have sworn that it was Cargile's name that I read. I'm only a few hours after my Light and Modern Pysics exam (and I noticed a mistake on the paper!!), so I am utterly knackered and am prone to making small lapses in judgement from time to time.
What's that? An old woman with a pram crossing the road right in front of me, and me doing 75mph in my new McLaren F1 roadcar? Ah, what the hell.

* Meanwhile, back in Reality-ville, Gaseous Anomaly sat at the 2nd terminal in the Arts/Science Suite, typing the story of a repressed white student, struggling against the odds in late '90s Ireland---maybe there IS a real Gaseous Anomaly out there, Far Beyond all those distant Stars, living the life of a free-floating sentient vapour.*
* Fades out to trombone music. *

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my right honourable Borg colleague for pointing out the error to me, without going to the News of the World or the Guardian firstly.
No offence intended to all concerned parties.
No liability shall be held by the above mentioned cloud of non-corporeal vapour for any harm caused by, or to, any third party as a result of viewing this site.

I'll think I'll shut up now with my rambling.

Look at the shite I've written!!!

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*is, once again, deathly jealous of Cargile's talent/learned ability*

Shnikes! That is soooo cool!

--

GasAnom, what's "svelte"? *L*

------------------
Here we go! Al�, Al�, Al�!
Go, go, go! Al�, Al�, Al�!
Arribe va!! El mundo est� de pie!
Go, Go, Go!! Al�, Al�, Al�!

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, on the Darkstar name: I took that from an exceedingly corny and very pathetic sci-fi movie of the same name. Its bad in the fact that is it hilarious in that it tries to be serious. Rent it today.

------------------
Sector One at last. We are home. Tuvok, arrest the Maquis. Mr. Kim, inform Starfleet Command we have completed our mission.
Capt. Janeway upon reaching Earth.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LMAOARIWS*
(Laugh My Ass Off And Reattach It With Superglue)

I second that motion.

Darkstar was John Carpenter's (director of "the Thing) first movie. It was a college film-making assignment. Most (if not all) of it was filmed in a garage. Fans of cheesy sci-fi everywhere bow before the absurd yet creative uses of beach balls, muffin trays, kool pops and Major Matt Mason space toys.

The movie was a serious comedy. It was by no means serious. My favorite character is Sgt. Pinback.

--Baloo

------------------
If lawyers are disbarred and priests are defrocked,
are tree surgeons debarked and ecologists denatured?
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

Thanks for clearing up the mysery unshrouding the origins of the Darkstar title,folks.
You know, once the wind dies down and I get a chance to re-form my being into something a bit more solid than a few million atoms undergoing Brownian motion, I very well may rent that video.
(Or not).

Sunspot: "svelte" means smooth and with well-defined curves. It may also imply a sexual attraction, but I think we'll cast Nelson's bad eye on that one, 'kay?

Baloo: *LUIFOMS at LMAOARIWS*(Laughs Until I Fall Off My Seat)

------------------

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About my kitbashes:
The Nightmare was my not so serious awnser to the Niagara Class, and was meant as a joke.

The Twilight is my second attemp at a serious kitbash (the first one being the one with the blocked impuls-engines problem). But it seems some of you don't like the idea.

About the Klingon Warbird above:
I think this is one of the best fan-made Klingon ships I have ever seen!!

------------------
"Isn't Y2K year 2048?? I mean last time I checked 1K was 1024.
Now that Y1.953125K, that's where the real problem lies..."

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cargile: I would first like to say I love the design, but do think you could move the disruptors mid way up the wings? When do I get to see the side view?

[This message was edited by bear on May 18, 1999.]

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

No I couldn't possible move anything on the ship for anyone. I do these for me. I'm just nice enough to show them to all.

Side view? I don't plan to do one.

------------------
Think of it this way, at least we will be in prison together.
Tom to B'Lanna, upon reaching Earth and and being arrested by Tuvok.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps