Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » 29th Century Uniform Tribute

Author Topic: 29th Century Uniform Tribute
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At long last, my next series piece is finished. I took a break from the starship series after the Intrepid and Nova classes and decided to also start a series showing the various uniforms we've seen on Starfleet officers over the years. This piece shows the uniforms worn by Capt. Braxton and the crew of the Relativity in "Relativity" and "Future's End" (VOY).
http://www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore/images/sci-fi/2875unis.jpg

Hope you like.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*DROOLS*

Man, if I could only do artwork like that...

Satan? Satan? Are you listening? Give me the ability to draw like that, and may have yourself a soul deal...

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited May 05, 2000).]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, now if I could only get someone to pay me to do Star Trek and Star Wars stuff, that would be the coolest... I also wish they didn't take 30 hours to do.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you considered working for wildstorm comics, they currently own the rights to produce the St comics

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Got their address and art director's name? I'll send them a sample packet.

------------------

Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When did Wildstorm acquire the rights to the ST comics from Marvel?

I always liked the DC versions.

------------------
"Hello and welcome to 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter - just like a condom to a Trekkie." - Drew Carey, Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least a year ago, or more, as I recall.

If it's comics you're looking to get into, Aban, how about taking a look at some of the scripts I've got floating around?

------------------
"Oh, it's an anti-anti-WTO song. It's essentially a pro-Starbucks song. I saw this picture of a guy sticking his foot through a plate-glass window in a Starbucks in Seattle, and he was wearing a Nike. Man, couldn't you just change your shoes?"
--
M. Doughty

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Actually, I pretty much suck when it comes to interior style art. I'd only be looking for cover work. And right now, I'm booked solid (not with comic stuff, but other jobs).

------------------

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont have thier address, but it might be at thier home page
www.wildstorm.com

------------------

Mythril
Member # 286

Necer mind i did find it, it I think

WildStorm Talent Search
7910 Ivanhoe Avenue, #438
La Jolla, CA 92037

------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Saw their wbsite. It doesn't look like they use freelancers, but I suppose it's worth 55 cents to find out...

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.