Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Fanart starships.

Author Topic: Fanart starships.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

My latest, USS Centaur NX-77540 Centaur-class refit

The vessel above implies that the original Centaur was destroyed, or may of been made into a class of its own instead of a "kitbash" of an Excelsior-class starship. This CGI isn't the best image of it, well it is, but it doesn't show everything so that you know what they are. The two rectangles in the front are sensor pallets, there's a weapons pod between (modern design) warp nacelles, and a small engineering hull where the navigational deflector array, engineering and crew quarters are located.

Other ships I've created:
Aegis-class
Navajo-class

You can see these and other designs created by other Trekkies on my Fanart page at my website.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------
"If you prick me, do I not...leak" - Data.

[This message was edited by Hobbes on May 19, 1999.]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I am impressed. I like the Centaur, although more views are needed.

The Aegis is good too, but I'm curious: is the hull meant to be featureless? It rather reminds me of an intermediate stage between the Defiant Pathfinder (in the DS9TM) and the Defiant itself.

I'll withhold judgement on the Navajo for now. . . I see what you're trying to do, but. . .

Anyway, good work. Keep 'em coming. 8)

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really pretty cool.

Is the Centaur saucer supposed to be as flat as it seems to be to me? Or has my astigmatism gone wonky again?

The Navaho bears a passing resemblance to a ship I remember seeing a line drawing of in the Star Trek Generations/First Contact Sketchbook An early concept for the E-E. This is most likely a coincidence, as the sketch in question only had two engines. On the whole, it's a good concept.

Keep at it.

------------------
You're just JEALOUS because the little voices talk to ME!

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like one of my ideas for a ship a while ago, but upside down and with a different saucer.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

windwolf7
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does any one know of some goods sites that have lots of schematics for ships i sure could use the ideas, ( ive already been to hobbes site)

Also does any one know what happen to the Star Ship Schematics Database

IP: Logged
Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It appears that the famed SSD has passed into oblivion.

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Centaur and the Aegis are impressive, and I like what you're doing with the Aegis' nose -- a little texturing on the saucer, and this will go a long way.

However, I think that the face that's in the saucer section of the Navajo is leering at me.

*Runs off crying*

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Aegis was made almost a year ago...I'm sure a better one with textures, colors and better lighting can be done.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------
I'll hold it open and you pull it out.

[This message was edited by The First One on May 25, 1999.]

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*points up* Ummm...what's up with that? Haven't ever seen anything like that before...

------------------
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be Hobbes' forgetting a quote mark in an HTML link...

------------------
"Although I'm so tired, I'll have another cigarette. And curse Sir Walter Raleigh; he was such a stupid git."
-the Beatles, "I'm So Tired"

Tachy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looks like an idea i had 20 years ago with a differnt ship on a different pic.
*LOL*

------------------
The SCIFI-ART.COM website:
http://www.scifi-art.com

IP: Logged
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There, that's taken care of the problem.

Well, one of them anyway. What are you burbling on about now, Tachy? Are you accusing Hobbes of stealing your idea, or just saying that you've already thought of every possible starship design and everyone else should give up?

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he was *joking*, Lee. 8)

------------------
"Well, I dunno, Katie...I mean, it worked on the sheep and I thought why not try it on your baby?"

Hobbes
Member # 138

I was wondering what happened with my last post here. I couldn't figure out why it did that.

Hobbes

------------------
I'll hold it open and you pull it out.

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

With Tachy, it's sometimes hard to tell.

------------------
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps