Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » NEBULAized CONSTITUTION (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: NEBULAized CONSTITUTION
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as long as were talking about Mirandaized ships, here's my Tolkien, a Mirandaized Ambassador:

------------------
"Look into any eyes you find by you; you can see clear to another day..."
-The Grateful Dead, "Box of Rain"

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a very nice Nebula-ized Ambassador a while ago, known as the Apollo class. Does anyone know where that is now? Speaking of the Sovereign, I'll bring up my ORIGINAL Sovereign picture again that I DLed from the AOL Star Trek Forum.
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! I had the idea of a Sovereign like that a while ago, except it had no secondary hull. Kind of like the Centaur.
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: Not bad. I would have expected a smaller engineering hull, but now I like the compact arrangement.

Fed: You're talking about the ship that can be seen when the Saratoga explodes in "Emissary"? It was commonly supposed to be the Apollo class Gage, although the Encyclopedia suggests that the Vulcan ships in "Unification" are Apollo class ships. Anyway, the ship in "Emissary" does look like a Mirandaized Ambassador.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, you mean the wrecked saucer? How could that look like anything?

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Grimlock: "You are creator?"
Primacron: "Unfortunately...yes."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all! I noticed you guys talkin about a NEBULAized AMBASSADOR, and I saw exactly what you're talking about at Wolfpak359.
Check it out!

------------------
"Cannon to the right of them, cannon to the left of them, cannon in front of them, volly'd and thunder'd"-O'Brien
"Stoned at with shot and shell, boldly the rode and well into the jaws of death. Into the mouth of hell rode the six hundred."-Bashir
[Sacrafice of Angels (DS9)]

[This message was edited by Fabrux on March 16, 1999.]

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least, there is a saucer and a pair of nacelles. If the Apollo class is supposed to be a Mirandaized Ambassador, I could believe it is the depicted ship.

BTW: Who said that the Apollo is an Ambassador modification in the first place?

------------------
Brain. Brain. What is brain? (Kara the Eymorg, "Spock's Brain")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There aren't any nacelles, just wreckage. They wouldn't build a new model only to have it show up once briefly, and then never again.

------------------
Grimlock: "You are creator?"
Primacron: "Unfortunately...yes."

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird thing. . . I found an old message I sent to The Vorlon in which I commented on how the Monarch is actually a Nebulaised Sovereign, not a Mirandaised one! It was that that actually started me working on another Sov variant, working name the Regency class, which then had its concept hijacked by the Mirandaised Akira I mentioned in another thread. . . and then went off in yet another direction entirely. All this without putting a single thing on paper! 8)
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

I do see the nacelles and I think it's an Ambassador saucer turned upside down, so the ship is probably Mirandaized. Some day someone will come up with an Apollo class schematic, maybe in the Fact Files. Then I'll have to revise my current opinion about the Apollo.
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

ONCE AGAIN: Why would they build a new Ambassador saucer, attach nacelles, and put it in the corner where nobody would see it?!

It's junk! It's not meant to be anything! In fact, The Making of Deep Space Nine implies that it's supposed to be the wrecked saucer of the Melbourne!

And the Vulcan ships from "Unification" were Apollo-class, according to the encyclopedia.

------------------
Dead End: "If we surrender our energon we're doomed."
Breakdown: "And if we don't we're doomed too."
Dead End: "Face it. We're doomed."

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I blew up the pic and flipped it over, and it looks a lot more like an Excelsior saucer - very blunt-edged, not at all the sharp edge of the Ambassador.
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

Frank: More than half of the Melbourne's saucer was blown away, while only "small" parts of the saucer in question are missing. Of course it's junk like anything in BoBW and Unification. They would never build a detailed model and waste it in such a way. It was only one suggestion that it could be an Ambassadorish ship.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you ask me, its a Constellation

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

Cool! I'm talkign about the Apollo class that was discussed at SFCR.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps