Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Bonsai Fightercraft. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bonsai Fightercraft.
Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

This is, of course, what you may get when crossing John Eaves's scoutship with my Rapier.
The "Bonsai" is a redo of the other fighter (a type 9-ish critter that looked neutered) on my SMR page.
The "Bonsai" Type 15, Class F, shuttlecraft stands at 15.2 meters long, by 8.2 meters wide, small enough to fit inside most standard shuttlebays. Weapons include two Type VI phaser array strips, two phaser cannons and one torpedo nested in a shallow cavity and clamped to a compressed gas launcher. The launcher is known as a Gas Aided Momentum Release system. The canopy allows ingress/egress and is covered with sensors to provide visual imformation to the virtual holographic wrap-around viewer. The viewer is actually on the underside of the sensor "skin", which can be jestisoned if damaged beyond use, allowing the pilot to see out through the transparent aluminium bubble. As you can tell, the canopy looks like a bridge module. This is purposeful to confuse the enemy about the actual size of the craft, causing doubt with either their eyes, or the scanners.
Crew is one.

Sublight Velocities
Cruise: .25c
EMER: .5c
VMAX: .7c

These velocities are well within the standard for limited tau factor (time dilation) exposure. VMAX, or velocity maximum is only used in extreme duress and does irreversible damage to the impulse engines. If the spaceframe survives, the engines must be replaced.

Warp Velocities
Cruise: 1
Max: 2 (10c) for 48 hours.
EMER: 3 (39c) for one hour.

I am working on a computer drafting of this.

[This message was edited by Cargile on June 03, 1999.]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, Mongo like, Mongo LIKE!

Look forward to seeing more of this ship.. especially since I just can't make out the lettering in the labels. o_0

Bonsai, eh? USS Elm and USS Larch, sister ships?

------------------
"... Then you'll see me do some MAJOR dancing on your face!" -- Cosby

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blinks....blinks.....Damn!!!

------------------
hello world

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please explain, why you aren't on Star Trek - you talented freak! wow! heh heh

love it Cargile...

Andrew

------------------
"I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die, while you discuss this invasion in a committee" Queen Amidala - Star Wars: Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is one cool design. Makes the rest of us look bad and my designs like chicken scratches. Keep it up.

------------------
If you need it I can build it. Just as long as there is a box of junk for me to use.

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm finding myself quite impressed. Very nice work, Cargile. Do you have a side view as well? And, I noticed the registry number on the fighter. Is this a registry separate from the ship, like a runabout, or the same as the ships, like a shuttle?

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, make that Bonzai with a Z! (Yikes!)

Andrew: I don't know why.

Tec: I've been drawing for most of my life, you will get better the more you do.

Yes the number is like a shuttle. The tentative number here is NCC-77039/18 belonging to a USS Avondale. I've done a real detailed MSPaint trace-over of the top view. The picture is huge. I've done one color that I need to shade and decale, and one with the data that I'm not happy with because the lines are too blurred. They should be up this weekend.
I've upgraded the phaser array to type vii.
The side view has been a pain. I will get it done soon.

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NICE!.
Do that in 3d or schematic and wow!!!
U play Wing Commander??
Looks a a lot like a panther but I like yours alot better

------------------
I did'nt do it.

IP: Logged
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool design!!
Can't wait to see the side view.

------------------
"Isn't Y2K year 2048?? I mean last time I checked 1K was 1024.
Now that Y1.953125K, that's where the real problem lies..."

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Make that bAnzai..

unless you meant the small tree, in which case it is bonsai with an s.

Did I mention it was a great design? *throws away pencils*

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cargile, as I've said - beautiful work - and its true what you said the more practice the better you get - and I'm glad you posted it cause it shows how to do things - its like creative writing - you get better at it by reading more examples - i.e. novels etc.

Andrew

------------------
"I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die, while you discuss this invasion in a committee" Queen Amidala - Star Wars: Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damnit, Cargile!

*L*

Great...the detail makes the image. I also like the sharpness of the forward section.

------------------
"You were right about the negotiations...they were short."
ObiWan Kenobi to QuiGon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

So it is BANZAI! A small Japanese tree hardly seems threating.

No wonder I couldn't find it in the dictionary.

Wing Commander. I have an outdated Super Nintedo game, but it is no inspiration.

A good trick for accurate symetry is to fold the paper in half before you draw, leting the crease be the center line. Draw one half of the ship, fold, shade in over the lines to carbon coby, then trace.

Top Color image

[This message was edited by Cargile on June 04, 1999.]

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!

------------------
"No, thanks. I've had enough. One more cup and I'll jump to warp." (Janeway, asked if she would like some coffee in "Once upon a Time")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks... kind of Klingon, actually. Although, that probablt comes from the scoutship influence. It was slightly Klingon-shaped, too, thought less so than this... :-)

------------------
"Hell hath no fury like the lawyer of a woman scorned."
-anonymous bumper sticker

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps