Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » LEGO models - the next round

Author Topic: LEGO models - the next round
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,

Here are pictures of my LEGO Excelsior and Saratoga.
http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/excelsior01.jpg http://flareupload.hypermart.net/files/saratoga01.jpg

I've got some more pics, if anyone's interested I can post those too.

Your thoughts, ideas, etc.?

------------------
Kryten: Pub? - Ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve
advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of
fermented vegetable drinks. - Red Dwarf "Timeslides"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NICE!

Any chance of getting a rollbar on the Saratoga?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited February 27, 2001).]

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny you should mention the rollbar. I've actually got three Mirandas (all the same size): the Saratoga, the Lantree and the Reliant, which of course has the rollbar.

I will post pics of those as soon as possible.

------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude! Rock!

I used to do lots of this stuff, that is before I moved and donated it all to charity. Bad mistake - I had like four pillowcases full of the stuff.

Anyway, how long did it take you to build any of these models? And how do you display the, BTW?

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

I built the miranda in just a few hours (I started while watching the DS9 pilot episode and had finished the model about half an hour after the end of the show).

The Excelsior took a little longer. I would say around three hours including planning and several tests.

The models are displayed in a glass showcase in my room. Looks quite nice when lit in the dark room.

------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The girls must go crazy-with-a-K!!!

Kiddin', I've got Trek-tapes covering a fair part of my left wall here, been meaning to do something about that...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His turnip not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Actually, girls coming to my house are quite fascinated with my model starships. One really almost went a little crazy.
Might have something to do with the fact that she's also a Star Trek fanatic. ;-)

BTW, how do you do those smileys?

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott Key's Enterprise-D Lego Model

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what kind of film did you use on that?

Is it my imaginati�n, or does that model have an aft shuttlebay in the tail, ambassador style?

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

That is Scott Key's Enterprise model, not mine.

His AIM is "MetallicaMan"

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Nim
Member # 205

I'll take your word for it.
It's nice, anyway.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

ScottKey
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only two problems I really have with my model are 1) the saucer needs to be widened just a tad and 2) the primary hull is too blocky. I need to get some more sloped pieces before I can finish it up.

The picture was taken with a legocam. It's the best camera I've got. I plan on buying a nice digital camera in the near future though. That's not really an ambassador style shuttle bay. It's just that that's the best I could get to a teardrop shape for the primary hull. Once i get some more grey pieces, I plan on doing an overhaul on the entire ship.

Also, if you were wondering, the saucer can separate from the primary hull. If you've got any questions, I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about this model.

[This message has been edited by ScottKey (edited March 04, 2001).]

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps