Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Titan Class Superscout

Author Topic: Titan Class Superscout
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a picture I made a while ago, but felt like reposting.

http://www.charleston.quik.com/cherb/picturesfanart/titanclass.jpg

The Titan class is one of my greatest starship designs ever. I have more detailed pencil drawings in notebooks that outdo even this picture. Also note this picture is slightly outdated. The externally built deflector dish has been removed, for a more indented look. Though I don't have them online, I do have some other things which are looking over. A highly detailed and realistic master situation display and a Tech Manual loosely based off the DS9TM.

Here are the basic stats:

Titan Class Specifications:

Classification: Heavy Superscout/Perimeter Vessel

Ships of Class:
USS Titan NX-77901
USS Thresher NCC-78047
USS Wolf NCC-78423
USS Leviathan NCC-78571
USS Grant NCC-79771
USS Lee NCC-79772
USS Russia NCC-80610
USS Gemini NCC-81003

Definition:
ti-tan (t�t�'an) n. [[ < Gr Titan, a great diety ]] any person or thing of great size or power

Dimensions:
Length: 601.8 meters
Height: 174.3 meters
Beam: 104.4 meters

Propulsion:
Warp Drive: Type VIII Mark V Quad-lobed M/ARA

Cruising Speed: Warp 9.97 for 4 days

Emergency Speed: Warp 9.9997 for 10 hours

Impulse Drive: 4 sets of 2 Yoyodyne YPS 8093 fusion reactors, feeding two driver plates

Cruising Speed: .7 c

RCS Thursters: 4 Type VII Mark XLIX RSC Thursters, 4 Type IV Mark LIV RCS Thrusters

Defensive Systems:
Hull: Standard duranium hill with layers of ablative armoring around key tactical locations

Phasers: 9 Type IX Mark XXXI phaser arrays

Torpedo Launchers: 4 forward torpedo/probe launchers, 2 aft torpedo/probe launchers

Torpedo Compliment: 150 Type XI Mark XXIV, XXV, and XXVI (mixed) photon torpedoes, 25 Type III Mark Q-V and Q-VI quantum torpedoes

Probe Compliment: 30 Type II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX probes (mixed)

Shields: Regenerative

Shield Generators: 15 main, 5 auxilary

Crew:
Crew Compliment: 732

Emergency Crew Capacity: 1453

Emergency Evacuation Capacity: appr. 7500

External Craft:
Shuttlebays: 1 main shuttlebay, 2 auxilary

Shuttles: 18 Type-6, Type-7, Type-8, Type-9, and Type-11 shuttles and Type-15 and Type-18 shuttlepods (mixed), and 1 Danube class Runabout

Yacht Bays: 1

Yachts: 1 Type-15 Yacht

External Cargo Bays: 5

Escape Pods: 95

Computer Systems:
Dual Computer Cores interconnected through center of ship, supporting all forms of LCARS from all known races

Memory System: Bioneural gel packs and isolinear chips

Transportors:
Transporter Systems: 4 primary personal, 4 emergency personal, 4 cargo

Deck Layout:
Deck 1: Junior Officers Lounges
Deck 2: Impulse Engine Room
Deck 3: Impulse Engine Room Floor, Engineering Officers Quarters
Deck 4: Holodecks 1 and 2, Junior Officers Quarters
Deck 5: Cargo Bays 1 and 2, Junior Officers Quarters
Deck 6: Cargo Bays 1 and 2, Junior Officers Quarters
Deck 7: Cargo Bays 1 and 2, Forward Torpedo Launchers 1 and 2, Officers Quarters
Deck 8: Main Bridge, Torpedo Storage, Officers Lounge, Targeting Sensors, Officers Quarters
Deck 9: Computer Core Control Rooms, Shuttlebay Control Room, Weapons Lockers, Officers Quarters
Deck 10: Steller Cartography, Shuttlebay Main Floor, Officers Quarters, Matter Injector
Deck 11: Stellar Cartography, Dueterium Tanks 1 and 2, Weapons Lockers, Crew Quarters, Guest Quarters
Deck 12: Dueterium Tanks 3, 4, 5, and 6, Sickbay, Gym, Transporters 1 and 2, Guest Quarters, Captain's Quarters
Deck 13: VIP Lounge, Arboretum, Officer's Mess Upper Level, Aft Airlock, Crew Quarters
Deck 14: Shuttlesbays 2 and 3, Holodecks 3 and 4, Officer's Mess Lower Level, Port and Starboard Airlocks, Crew Quarters
Deck 15: Yacht Bay, Forward Tractor Beam Emitter, Secondary Deflector Dish, Cargo Bays 3 and 4, Crew Quarters
Deck 16: Cargo Bays 5, 6, and 7 Upper Level, Main Engineer Upper Level, M/A Reactor, Crew Quarters
Deck 17: Cargo Bays 5, 6, and 7 Control Room and Middle Level, Main Engineering Lower Level, Crew Quarters
Deck 18: Cargo Shuttle Storage, Cargo Bays 5, 6, and 7 Lower Level, Transporters 3 and 4, Engineering Officers Quarters
Deck 19: Cargo Bays 8 and 9, Deflector Dish, Engineering Officers Quarters
Deck 20: Deflector Dish, Engineering Officers Quarters
Deck 21: Antimatter Storage Upper Level, Torpedo Storage
Deck 22: Antimatter Storage Lower Level, Forward Torpedoes Launchers 3 and 4, Targeting Sensors

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

[This message was edited by The359 on June 03, 1999.]

[This message was edited by The359 on June 04, 1999.]

[This message was edited by Fabrux on June 13, 1999.]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm.. I don't see how a Sovereign-sized ship could be classified as a Scout.... That aside, it's a really beautiful design...

------------------
"A Star Wars picture that preaches against greed is a little like Bill Clinton in the pulpit for a chastity-begins-at-home campaign."

-Rex Murphy on Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the "snake-about-to-strike" silhouette in profile view. When will we see a frontal view?

--Baloo

------------------
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
-- Plato
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well-done.

------------------
"No, thanks. I've had enough. One more cup and I'll jump to warp." (Janeway, asked if she would like some coffee in "Once upon a Time")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The front/back view is already done on paper (with the exception of the nacelles since they never come out right). A pretty crappy front/back view is started on the computer, but isn't looking that good. If I can get my friend to stick the Master Situation Display up, then I'll post it. You'll like it even better

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly does a "quad-lobed" warp core do?

------------------
"Hell hath no fury like the lawyer of a woman scorned."
-anonymous bumper sticker

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

Nothing. Defiant and Enterprise-Es warp cores are quad-lobed. The term came straight from the DS9TM

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, it did? *probably didn't read that part* *stil wonders what the difference is*

------------------
"Hell hath no fury like the lawyer of a woman scorned."
-anonymous bumper sticker

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the term was "quad-core"?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The DS9 tech. manual describes the Defiant's core like this: "The core is constructed from a central translucent aluminum and duranium reactor with dilithium articulation frame, four-lobed magnetic constriction segment columns, and matter and antimatter injectors."

------------------
"Near the door! They leave reality inside!"

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does that mean four matter/anti-matter streams, one in each "lobe", are being aimed at the dilithium chamber?

Or am I confused?

------------------
"You were right about the negotiations...they were short."
ObiWan Kenobi to QuiGon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its just describing the actual shape of the magnetic field generators.

------------------
"Near the door! They leave reality inside!"

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If I can get my friend to stick the Master Situation Display up, then I'll post it. You'll like it even better."-Matt

If it's me you're referring to Matt, no prob. Just send it in. Maybe I'll put it together with the current Titan image instead of posting up two separate pix of the same ship.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

TITAN-CLASS

Matt's MSD view. He did the images, I did all the text and the UFP/Starfleet logo.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------
"You're a groovy baby...baby" - Austin Powers

[This message was edited by Hobbes on June 10, 1999.]

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

AHA! Finally! Thanx Hobbes!

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps