Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » I SUCK AT ART!!!!!!!

Author Topic: I SUCK AT ART!!!!!!!
Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I come in here and I look at all the great ship designs and other things, and all i can do is sit here and think about how great they are, and how much I suck at art. No matter how much I work on it, it always sucks. Oh well, guess thats just me.

------------------
"So where are the nuggets on a chicken anyway?"

[This message was edited by Deep6 on June 17, 1999.]

IP: Logged
bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you think I feel, the best I can do is draw top,side, and front views tracing them on computer and posting them. I am getting a little better at it , but there are those that do fantastic work natually. All I can say is practice. I have been drawing ships for a long time, about 9 years , and my ability hasn't yet reached the level of most people's on this forum. Art of any kind takes practice.

Sincerely
Thomas Gage

------------------
Hello Galaxy

[This message was edited by bear on June 17, 1999.]

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is true. I posted some stuff here that I did about nine years ago just to show that my old ships sucked too. (and some of you still liked them! geez.)

I started doing color presentations because of RW's outstanding work in that area. He is still the master at that.

So please don't let my work discourage you. And don't think that one single style of art is better than another. I like Baloo's stuff. His ships are very simplistic and small (which probably allows him to do every view with ease--my ships are a nightmare to draw one view based on another, which is why I only often bother with doing one view.) And Baloo's ships are cool,especially after you read is tech data on them.

To be honest I usually don't give comment on novices' artwork unless I am asked straight up to give critique. I know people draw at different levels and I remark if I think we are at the same level, unless a novice completely surprises me, as Sunspot has done once.

------------------
"I'll try a roll."

Obscure SW:TPM quote

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I won't say my designs are that good, but I must admit I.."aquired"..better software, but if you don't have it that shouldn't discourage you from designing yourself, even if you can't make 16-bit colour shaded views. I encourage everybody to keep them coming!

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cargile>> Which design was the shocking one?

------------------
"You were right about the negotiations...they were short."
Obi-Wan Kenobi to QuiGon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, the one with the German name I believe. Had internal , conformal nacelles, Rache, I think. Wicked design.

------------------
"I'll try a roll."

Obscure SW:TPM quote

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yeah... That's my favorite one.

------------------
"You were right about the negotiations...they were short."
Obi-Wan Kenobi to QuiGon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps