Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » pre-galaxy (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: pre-galaxy
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here is a sketch of an pre- galaxy class starship:

cya
Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like a kit bash of an Excelsior, an Ambassador, and a refit Constitution class.

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Mr. Crusher, it would appear as though either you need to get your eyes checked or you don't know what an Excelsior, an Ambassador, or a Constitution II looks like, as this ship doesn't have any of these in it. A very good design indeed!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Needs a little nutmeg.

Seems to fit as a smaller support ship between the Amb and Gal. eras.. perhaps a heavy cruiser? (i say support because we all recognize the whole fleet cant be explorers, right?)

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I do know what those starships look like. I meant that it looked like a refit Constitution class ship in the sense that that little indentation in the neck of the ship where it meets the engineering hull looks like the torpedo launcher pod on the refit Const. class ship. And I thought it looked like an Excelsior in the sense of how the aft part of the engineering hull curves down steeply to make more vertical room for the warp drive core and the navigational deflector. And its nacelles look similar to those of an Ambassabor class, with those square things on top of them. Otherwise, it looks just like a regular old Galaxy.

--------------------
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm... No. It looks nothing like a Galaxy. Nothing at all. It's as I suspected - you need to get your eyes checked.

--------------------

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi
sure the ship it's an ambassabor/galaxy mix(Ambassabor like warp nacells)
it is only a study modell for the famous galaxy class starships.

cya
lobo

[ December 22, 2001: Message edited by: Lobo ]

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well then. I guess I've been mistaken.

But, Mr. Crusher, you make it seem like a bad thing... [Wink]

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, a CapCom. 8)

Ambassador-class: "I'm melting! I'm melting! Oh, what a world!"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

As a matter of fact, I am near-sighted, and I have to either wear my glasses or contact lenses, and I looked at the drawing without my glasses on, and it looked like a swan or something. And What the hell does Cap Com have to do with this?

--------------------
(Bender's head blows up)

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohh, one of those people who only goes to the tech Forums, obviously. Well, bear with me, this may be difficult to explain. . .

Believe it or not, there are some very strange people who don't come just to talk about Star Trek. Crazy, huh? Well, these weirdoes have been known to make things called "jokes." One variety of such jokes involves the posting of a picture and inviting people to suggest humourous captions to it. We call this a Caption Competition, or CapCom for short. Therefore, my previous post, done in the style of a CapCom, was intended to convery my opinion that, while technically very well done and hinting at greater things to come, Lobo's effort looks a bit like a slightly-melted Ambassador. Capisce?

Not exactly the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, are we? 8)

--------------------

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

*holds pinky finger to mouth* Riiiiiiggghhhht. Can you back that up with paperwork?

--------------------
(Bender's head blows up)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Down boy, down.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lobo
Member # 669

here an another pic:

[ December 29, 2001: Message edited by: Lobo ]

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Much better, Lobeychops. 8)

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps