Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Waste of Your Time (aka Starbase Chart)

Author Topic: Waste of Your Time (aka Starbase Chart)
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

A fitting response to the Defiant project, IMO.

Also, since no-one seemed to care about it last time I posted, here's the Starbase chart again:
Here

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good.
Harry, note: topics here barely get responses, and if they do get over one page, then they won't get over 2.

--------------------
Meh

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That starbase chart thingy was posted in Bernd's Starbase preview thread... [Smile]

--------------------

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
, I have big scores on IQ teats.

Does this mean the guy is intelligent or that he has big teats?
Nice chart, I was wondering on the chart it shows Freedom and Centar( I think writing was small), are these tugs?

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freedom is from the wreckage at wolf 359, Centaur is from an episode of DS9. The Freedom was never seen in action, so who really knows what kind of duty it pulled? The Centaur was only seen that once (aside from some background appearances, I believe) and appeared to be some kind of permiter action ship.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gather the spacedock in the background is the TNG version... what about including the TOSmovie version?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know the Borg had a sense of humor (or that they were even capable of catchy one-liners).

Oh wait. I'm thinking pre-Voyager Borg [Smile]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pre-Voyager Borg had a sense of humor? When was that? Was it in between assimilating entire cultures?

Oh, so that is a TNG Spacedock. I was gonna ask if the Galaxy Class would fit in its doors.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's funny . . . hey wait a minute! Oh no! The Borg have assimilated Garek! Now that's not nice. Or is that face not Andrew Robinson with Borg make-up?

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, was Starbase 375 really that frickin' huge!? That's another good reason to lay low with the scaling of ships and bases. Yikes. Anyway, that chart is very good. I had to check it out again because I completely missed Starbase 74 in the background. Very nice indeed.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

The Spacedock size is as given in the Starship Spotter (which also says that this is the size of the 2290 version). So this is roughly the size of the ones seen at Utopia Planitia on the Calenders.

I think it might be the Movie Spacedock, seeing how it compares to Constitution refit.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, looking at the size of the space doors, it certainly wouldn't be able to accomodate the saucer of the Galaxy-class ship seen there. It's gotta be the move version. Shite, you could put all of Deep Space Nine in there!

As for Starbase 375... It looks roughly compatible with teh other "super blown up" Regula-type stations we've seen, like Starbase 173 in "Measure of a Man".

Mark

[ December 31, 2001: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read the Starship Spotter's info on Spacedock, it says the TNG and TOS-movie era is the same size, only the doors where made larger.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps