Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » TOS Miranda (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: TOS Miranda
Jamaharon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A while back at SFCR, I posted a kitbashed design of the a pre-movie era Miranda Class starship. I figured, now that I have the original diagrams, to post them here. Some of you have been asking about it, and here it is.

All views, excluding the bottom.

Bottom view

I hope you like it, and if you have some good specifications on the ship, please email them to me, and maybe I'll post them on my website!

------------------
Visit my webpage @
www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Canal/6569
"You're young," said Athos. "Your bitter memories still have time to turn into sweet ones."

[This message was edited by Jamaharon on June 18, 1999.]

IP: Logged
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wicked good, Chris. Keep up this great work! Hope to see some more of your designs here in the future.

------------------
Star Trek: Dark Horizon
Creator, Owner, Only Writer

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ack! *falls over* Jamaharon is Chris Weyer... I forgot about that... *hates when people change their names on him* :-)

Didn't Tachy do a model of this? I wonder if it's still around...

------------------
"If you hear only one song this year, there's something terribly wrong with you."
-They Might Be Giants, "Critic Intro"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sees that there was a big discussion about both of those topics a couple threads over* D'oh! Nevermind!

------------------
"If you hear only one song this year, there's something terribly wrong with you."
-They Might Be Giants, "Critic Intro"

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a coincidence; this TOS Miranda looks almost exactly like the one in "Ships of the Star Fleet, Volume I" (Surya-class) with a roll-bar added... even the hull lines and windows appear to be the same. Of course, I am working from memory, I don't recall where I put that book.

------------------
-=Ryan McReynolds=-

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well concieveably the TOS miranda should be as identical to the MOV Miranda as the TOS Constitution is to the MOV Constitution - i.e. the old nacelles, the windows a little altered - paint job, nacelle struts etc.

nice job

------------------
"Ooh, FASA." - The Shadow, aka Frank G - June 1999

Jamaharon
Ex-Member

Ryan: Yes, this ship was based on the "Surya Class". However, the two do have some differences. The Surya has a deflector, the TOS Miranda doesn't...the weapons pod, etc.

There is a mesh available for download at SFA. It's highly detailed.

Thanks for all the compliments!

------------------
Visit my webpage @
"You're young," said Athos. "Your bitter memories still have time to turn into sweet ones."

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of which, does the Miranda-class have a navigational deflector array? They're basic features that are clearly visible on all starships, except the Miranda.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?

Jamaharon
Ex-Member

All Federation starships have deflector "arrays". To my understanding, Mirandas have two small deflector dished on the top of the saucer, shown in the picture below.

A starship must have some sort of deflector or it would run into all the planets, asteroids, comets, etc. when at warp speeds. I could be in error, however.

------------------
Visit my webpage @

[This message was edited by Jamaharon on June 19, 1999.]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wondered what those thingys were for. Never thought they'd be deflector arrays....

------------------
Star Trek: Dark Horizon
Creator, Owner, Only Writer

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan is correct!

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan? Who is Ryan?

------------------
"You were right about the negotiations...they were short."
Obi-Wan Kenobi to QuiGon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

Jamaharon
Ex-Member

Yes. The ship is based on the damned Surya class. We already had this discussion back at SFCR.

Fed. Shipmaster: I, and everyone else here knows he is correct. Maybe because I added onto the Surya Class diagram. Wow. Logical thinking.

*deletes images from server*

I'll refrain from posting anymore *copied* designs.

Maybe I'm overreacting. You can never be sure these days.

------------------
Visit my webpage @

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christ, people! Just forget the damned complaints and appreciate the pics for what they are!

------------------
"You were right about the negotiations...they were short."
Obi-Wan Kenobi to QuiGon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

Jamaharon
Ex-Member

This isn't the reaction I axpected when I posted this. If this isn't directed to you, then I'm sorry. It is directed towards Ryan and Shipmaster.

Like Sunspot said, appreciate it for what it is.

You won't see any of my designs here. Thanks guys. It really reflects on your characters.

------------------
Visit my webpage @

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps