Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Not Trek...but Sci-Fi work

Author Topic: Not Trek...but Sci-Fi work
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What thinkest thou?

http://www.alanfore.com/slumber.htm

It's for a comic book that I'm helping to get started. As you can see from the issue number and date on the cover, it's just a sample.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must be really handy when reading books in bed [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice art-work Aban! [Wink]
I like your drawing style.
Lobo

[ January 21, 2002: Message edited by: Lobo ]

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*mutters darkly about Steamrunners*

Very nice. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*mutters about needing to pay rent a crap like that*

[Smile]

I appreciate your frustration my Poet friend.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know you were from Michigan.... for some reason I thought you were from th East Coast....

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: Lost ]

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a gentle reminder, Alan. And you're gonna be the first name I rattle off if I ever encounter someonewho needs a designer, and not just because you're the only designer I know even slightly. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

[Smile] I know. And trust me, I haven't forgotten. I've still got the drawing sitting on the shelf behind me.

And thanks for any future referals. I can use all the help I can get [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it. Like stylized Bachalo with Mignola lighting. I think it is supposed to be nighttime or twilight, so if the sky were a somewhat darker it might underscore that. Also, if the sky gradient is coming up from city lights, the blue might be a couple shades warmer. Of course, I don't really know what the book is about or what kind of tone you're trying to set, so...pay no attention to me, really.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps