Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Main Engineering (Galaxy Class) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Main Engineering (Galaxy Class)
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished a Ready Room, and I'm still working on my Bridge (of my own design), but this was a side project to do the Enterprise-D Main Engineering. This is part of it, the other side is a little bare.

But I'd really like your help to point me towards a source to gather more Okudagrams, and if possible, a nice resolution Galaxy Class MSD. I'd also request some good reference photos of the Ent-D Engineering, and the warp core....

Cheers

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That redshirt could stand to cut back on the desserts...
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! That's cool. What program are you using?

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, yes the redshirt is a bit of a fat ass...

I'm using Lightwave, BTW

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's very impressive, but God would those fluorescents give me a headache. . . 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lava lamps have been known to help. [Smile]

Spiffy work, man! Now, make all my bridge sketches in Lightwave, and I'll be a happy boy. [Razz]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very very impressive, Red Admiral.

BTW, are those Defiant MSDs to either side of the pool table?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Good spot, they are Defiant MSDs, hence the reason why I'm seeking out more suitable Okudagrams and MSDs, these were the only ones I had to work with, so they just had do right now.

Mark, I like the bridges a lot, really imaginative work. I currently have a Bridge of my own design in progress. It's quite unconventional, with a number of surprises. It's not at the render stage just yet...

--------------------

The ASDB

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very impressed.. the lighting could of course be toned down a bit.. but other than that it seems right on

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Admiral:
Lol, yes the redshirt is a bit of a fat ass...

I'm using Lightwave, BTW

Can't say that I noticed the ass thing.

Lightwave? Where can I get that?

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

http://www.newtek.com

Unless you've got a few grand lying around, I'd settle for a warez copy *cough cough*.

--------------------

The ASDB

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm less worried about the bulge in the back of his pants, and more about the one in the front. Surely the uniforms weren't that tight...
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The redshirt came from a "gifted" family I bet... Anyway this is a cool render but it'a a bit bright. Give it the lighting scheme from Generations. Oh, I had the chance to access a collection of LCARS pics so let me know what exactly are you looking for.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks great, Red. No I mean, Red Admiral. You sickos. Anyway, did you model the bumps around the door or are those a bump map? I can't quite tell. Maybe that's the point! Also some strange shadows from in the light panels. No idea how to fix that short of raydiosity rendering/adding more lights. Does LightWave let you do non-point/area lights? Waitaminute. Are those just glows on the panels?

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps