Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Scotty picture (bad timing)

Author Topic: Scotty picture (bad timing)
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a picture i drew at the end of last summer when i heard Scotty was in the SCE ebooks. he wearing his TNG era FC uniform with captain rank. i finally found my scan of it but now is bad timing for it since Jimmy Doohan is seriously ill.. but here it is anyway

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's very good, CaptainMike! What did you use to make it?

What's wrong with Jimmy Doohan?

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do they make those unis in a 63 extra portly?

Oh, wait. I've been to cons. Apparently they DO.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I read at TrekWeb or somewhere similar, James Doohan was admitted to the hospital recently with pneumonnia (however the hell it's spelt) and a collapsed lung.

That is a very nice drawing, Mike.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a rough tooth sketch paper, penciled and then inked with sharpie and colored with good old crayola markers using captain's patented blending method. and boredom the week before i moved out of my old apartment. its really huge though, 11x17 paper so i had to shrink the scan a lot.

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work Cap'n. He looks a little worried. Foreshadowing?

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
however the hell it's spelt)
That's spelled. I saw him at a Convention this summer and he looked pretty old, and his face was drawn in. But he is getting up there.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he *is* 82 years old. If it's his time, then he's had a pretty good run.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

capped
Member # 709

Actually.. i just read at TrekBBS that he was recovering nicely and was expected to return home.. he can keep his reputation as a miracle worker a little while longer
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also read that he has a child born in 2000. WHAT!?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
Member # 709

miracle... worker...

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It runs in the family, or so he says. Doohan was born when his mother was in her 50's. And yes, he is the father of a little toddler. Don't remember the kid's gender though.

[ February 20, 2002, 20:29: Message edited by: Dat ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope he does better.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps