Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Wow. ... Um.. Wow. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Wow. ... Um.. Wow.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek: Exeter

A little sad, but really quite a show.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a homebrew, that is some pretty damned impressive stuff. Some better sound recording equipment (and some work in post) and they've really got something good there...

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was alright.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that's pretty impressive stuff. Unlike some fan productions, the actors *look* the part, and not like the stereotypical fanboy with their stereotypical... Attributes. Also, I'm rather impressed by the sets, being *real* sets rather than the usual cardboard or greenscreen.

Here's an example of what I mean:

http://www.hiddenfrontier.com/

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooooh. That hurt.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I weep for my children. Wow.

SWEET BLACK JESUS, Wow.

Holy Fuck.

Oh, this is Commander Elizabeth Shelby, By the way:

It's too bad there isn't a new internet acronym for 'Hey, I should just kill myself right now, because I have just seen the darkness at the end of the tunnel, and the stench of loser has wafted over me.'

Oweeeeeeeeeee.

[ February 20, 2002, 21:05: Message edited by: Ultra Magnus ]

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need some Everclear after that. I'll be back in a little while.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, that middle guy, two posts up: isn't he that annoying kid from Trekkies?

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm willing to bet that's Bajor's biggest Depeche Mode fan, though.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your own / Personal / Emissary

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That first one is cool, though.. They really made something of it. Give it a 60s quality TV filter and the effects are on par with TOS [Smile]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just can't get a lock (be bom bom bom), I just can't get a lock. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...I'm really impressed with the amount of work they put into Exeter, and I agree that, for a fan production, it's pretty rockin'.

They obviously have too much time on their hands, but hey...I bet they have a great time doing it.

The couple of ship effects and phaser effects that I saw were great. I couldn't tell if it was stock footage of the ships or they actually filmed a model.

The phaser effect where the captain shoots the clay lizard thing was actually really neat. Better than TOS, IMHO. As was the Klingon disruptor effect.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear God. Exter has promise, that other one. . . fuck me sideways. We should kill them for the sake of all Trekkies.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did they do -- build those sets in their basement?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps