Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Wow. ... Um.. Wow. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Wow. ... Um.. Wow.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heres some guy that built the Death Star in their basement:

http://www.trooperclerks.com BTW this is amazingly fucking funny.. watch the cartoon too

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH MY GOD!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The quality of Exeter really is quite good. I'd like to see the finished project when it's ready this December. As far as Hidden Frontier... yikes.

I watched the first episode Hidden Enemy Part 1. Ummm... the captain's a bit of an overactor. I almost expected the Bugs Bunny villian music to come on when he spoke of returning the favor for the death of his brother. THE BAD GUYS ARE JAWAS!!! And the counselor and doctor in the shootout with one of them on the bridge was painful! Those beams were so slow the counselor chick could easily have stepped to the side. And the doctor's Tellarite makeup... oy vey.

Although, for some reason, I really want to see more of it. I don't know why.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if Hidden Frontier has one thing going for it, it's the CG ship opticals. It's hardly reference-level stuff, but CG battles are always fun to watch. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was hilarious, seeing the original Excelsior and that guy try to be Capt. Sulu. Now though, I do have an urge to watch more episodes of it.

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Hidden Frontier does have it's good points. The starship sequences are interesting. The selected music is appealing (how can anyone not appreciate the Galaxy Quest theme as the theme for Hidden Frontier?). Plus some of the storylines could be quite good. It's just the quality is lacking somewhat, but that's more than likely the lack of a budget and the lack of experience by many of the actors.

Plus, you gotta love the credits. "Catering by Dominoes!"

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]

Craaazy. Sure, some of the CGI stuff is cool. Can't say a lot about the script ... the captain of the Devonshire twice orders full impulse power (in a row), then orders full shields ... when they're already in a combat situation! And then, faced with two destroyed ships and a Federation ship with no crew, the stupid captain leaves his shields down after transporting an away team over!

AAAAARGH

That Rodriguez girl is cute, though.

[ February 21, 2002, 19:55: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

You're just jealous of the writing talent. [Big Grin]

Hey, ouch! I was kidding! Ouch! Damn it, Jeff, put down that poker! OWWW!

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

That wasn't a poker. It was a shotgun.

KABOOOM

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

A shotgun? And what are you doing with that shotgun, Jeff? [Razz]

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

I'm really bored. And I just watched the second and third episodes of Hidden Frontier. Ummm...

$$$ Spoilers for "Two Hour" $$$

Dudes, they save the Titanic. I think. Renegade guys from the 29th century sink the Titanic, one of the ships stationed at Deep Space 12 starts saving the passengers after realizing that the Titanic shouldn't have sunk in the first place. The good 29th Century chicks show up and set things right. And I think after all the Titanic was really supposed to sink.

$$$ Spoilers for "Perihelion" $$$

Dudes, it's "Contagion" and "Night Terrors" rolled into one with a Super Star Destroyer and continuity errors! And Dr. Henglaar finally tells Lefler what I've wanted to all three episodes: "SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT LEFLER'S LAWS!" And Shelby tells the captain that he's in her way. And the captain sings a line from a Gilbert and Sullivan opretta.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Jesus. These people are stealing from Trek left and right.

"Will someone turn that damn alarm off?" Wasn't that Picard's line in Farpoint?

The Captain's BOAT? Isn't it a yacht?

And can't these guys get other music? They're stealing the TITANIC theme, too.

And looking at their episode list -- YESTERDAY'S EXCELSIOR?! Don't they have even an iota of original ideas?

OK, granted: in my "Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant" series, I had an episode where the crew ran around with the Headless Horsemen on the holodeck, but I MEAN JESUS H. BLOODY BLACK WHITE CHRIST!

This is sickening. I really want to smack Shelby around. "I bet you say that to all your commanding officers..." What happened to that other XO of theirs?

And jesus! Fan-boy's delight. "She's a Nova class ship, top speed of warp 7 point nine two!"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's incredibly slow, even for a Nova I suspect.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

My favorite part is the captain is lying in bed. He turns around to see a Borg drone in his quarters? What does he do? Call security? Grab a phaser? No. The captain grabs a trophy with the intention of bashing the drone over the head.

--------------------

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It worked for our Prime Minister, he grabbed a soapstone carving while his wife phoned the RCMP.
When an intruder(non-borg) broke into 24 Sussex.

[ February 22, 2002, 13:46: Message edited by: Grokca ]

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.