Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Slaughterhouse Forty-Seven

Author Topic: Slaughterhouse Forty-Seven
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An idea for an Enterprise episode. I would love to turn one in for the show before it's run is over. It's still quite sketchy, and I would need to do a significant amount of work on it still, but how does this strike you for the seed idea? (and BTW, the final title obviously wouldn't be Slaughterhouse Forty-Seven)

A traveler, a human, comes aboard the NX-01. He claims that he travels in time, unwillingly, like Billy Pilgrim from Slaughterhouse Five. He travels through time to different points in his life, but only his conciousness. There's no actual physical evidence to prove his time traveling.

Oh god, it just hit me how like Quantum Leap this is...

Um, anyway, maybe he's immortal too. He's seen the Eugenics Wars and World War III, First Contact, the Founding of the Federation, his abduction by Delta Quadrant aliens, the Romulan War, etc. He could be trying to warn NX-01 and crew about some diastrous event about to happen that would alter history or something (though how malleable that would be with their current Temporal Cold War thing is in the air). I don't have much beyond that. It is, of course, inspired by Slaughterhouse Five. However, that doesn't use traditional story conflict, which is unacceptable for Enterprise, but I still like the seed idea. Maybe a comedy. I thought of a really funny line for it earlier today, which I can't remember now. And many a punchline could be derived from the Quantum Leap similarities I'm sure.

Ya, anyway, I should go to sleep now.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know, I think a Quantum Leap type episode for Enterprise might be good. I wouldn't be surprised if Bakula is thrilled to do something like this as well. It might give him a chance to reunite with his former Leap costars.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd still like to see a time-travelling ep with some TOS-era people.. I want to see how believable it is when a guy dressed in pyjamas wearing a leather-wrapped tricorder says how backwards and old-tech the NX-01 is [Smile]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, so much for the comedy aspect OnToMars mentioned... [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.