Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » "Cabeus" class Starship (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Cabeus" class Starship
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

I have made an new since vessel like the "Nova" class Starships.
If you think, i could change something on the ship, then tell me it please.

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice sketch. The particular design is good, although I don't like the general trend of existing lines being turned into "organic" shapes (with wavy outlines) in many fan drawings too much.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah thanks Bernd for the criticism!
You are an "Starship design god" for me [Big Grin]
I like your ships!
I will try to remove the organic look!
And here an computer made version:
(its still in work! (details).

cya
Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's pretty sweet. Now it needs 2 more views and a ship stats profile. Then I'll steal it and use it in my RPG. [Smile]

I don't see any undue waviness in that design, mostly curvillinear with some breaks for sensors and such. I like it a lot.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new version is much improved.. what software are you using BTW

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Lobo
Member # 669

quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
The new version is much improved.. what software are you using BTW

I use Corel Draw 10.
This is my first Corel draw pic.

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*scribbles that program down*

Maybe I'll buy that when I get my new home PC in a month or so.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Lobo
Member # 669

Hi.
Here is the top view.

Cya
Lobo

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looks kind of squat to me but i'm drunk so hey

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
much like the Nova ended up looking like some kind of Intrepid/Sovereign hybrid, this does too except the its taken more Intrepid-y looks in some places and more Sovereign-y looks in other places opposite the Nova.

wow, its kinda totally, like, wow.. but hey, im stoned

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

Wow I wrote that.

What's a 'Cabeus'?

--------------------

Lobo
Member # 669

quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
Wow I wrote that.

What's a 'Cabeus'?

You are often stoned or? [Big Grin]

Cabeus is an crater on the moon.

--------------------

Lobo
Member # 669

Hi.
Here is the side view:

Lobo

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh! A baby Sovereign!

It's a wowy looking ship, Lobo.

I've never felt at home in CorelDRAW with organic-y ships. That's why I usually stick to the TOS and pre-TOS designs [Smile] . Nice work on the curves!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very, very cool.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps