Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » "Cabeus" class Starship (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Cabeus" class Starship
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys!

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.
here are some specs of the ship:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/Mrbrown5/Onizuka.htm

cya
Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The refinements look great!

quote:
Ah thanks Bernd for the criticism!
You are an "Starship design god" for me
I like your ships!
I will try to remove the organic look!

On the other hand, it's me who often makes the opposite error - to have too many simple rectangular and parallel shapes.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hola, Lobo. Though I like some of your previous schematics better, this design seems to grow on me the more I stare at it. I agree on the "baby sovereign" comment. And a quick size related issue. Does anyboyd know the approximate size of the Sovereign's lifeboats? And if so, do the lifeboats on Lobo's diagram here match up to scale with the known size, if in fact he's using sovereign lifeboats?

All in all, I think I would have preferred this design for the Nova class instead of reusing the Defiant Pathfinder. One exception to this preference would be that I would use prometheus-style nacelles in place of the ones you have now. But then, don't take my advice, you're ships will end up looking as bad as some of my designs. [Wink]

Nice work, once agian, Lobo!

--------------------
Move .sig!!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd:
On the other hand, it's me who often makes the opposite error - to have too many simple rectangular and parallel shapes.

Yeah, that reminds me...I love your Indus-class design, but the idea for rectangular or square tanks lightly distresses me. I'd think that a tube or cigar would still be the best shape, especially given pressurization.

In any event... my thoughts & takes on tankers are here & here.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I imagine that the inner tanks I mention in text are cylindrical indeed. Unless I have one huge tank instead of several sub-compartments, the outer hull (that provides only the stability as a normal spaceframe but not against overpressure inside) wouldn't have to be cylindrical too.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool. I'd suggest altering the nacelles in the side view to look less "sovereignish". Great design, nonetheless!

Lance

--------------------
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible: A Concise Review of the Starfleet
http://www.thetrekker.org

Lobo
Member # 669

Ah thanks!

You have an nice side!
And the Chimera CGI model looks great!!

Lobo

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik, what made you choose the name "Birkenhead" for your design?
I ask because I have been to Liverpool and the surrounding area many times, including Birkenhead of course. Brings back happy memories. [Smile]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damned if I know. Random automated selection maybe...or more likely the ship told me her name as usual. I take Bernd's thoughts to heart & try to be as "wdie-cultured" as I can in my names.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, interesting notion. How about a U.S.S. Rexona then?

Now what made me choose that name...? Perhaps Bernd will know the answer to that one! [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Lobo
Member # 669

Rexona? sounds like an Deo-Spray [Smile]

--------------------

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lobo:
Ah thanks!

You have an nice side!
And the Chimera CGI model looks great!!

Lobo

Thanks!

Lance

--------------------
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible: A Concise Review of the Starfleet
http://www.thetrekker.org

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.