Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Ptolemy (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Ptolemy
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ptolemy Class Tug this time, seen with and without its haulage container.

ptolemy01.jpg
ptolemy04.jpg

[EDIT: Sorry, Mark, but not everyone is, uh, priveledged enough to have high speed connections. In the future, please link images that are this large and heavy.]

[ February 25, 2002, 13:54: Message edited by: Topher ]

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeh sure, sorry. When posting more than one pic in the future I'll supply a link instead..

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like images. I like your model

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As do I.

Image request! Howabout a Ptolemy with two or three of those cargo containers trailing behind it. We know they're supposed to be able to do so, but to this day I've never seen a pic or drawing showing just that...

Mark

PS: We're up to, what - three Marks now?

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few suggestions:
1. You need to put that little recess with those doodads on the inboard surfaces of the nacelles.
2. The port ventral primary hull registry is unreadable from any angle, other than if you were inside the ship looking down through a transparent hull plate.

Other than that, it looks great.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Masao, hi!

quote:
1. You need to put that little recess with those doodads on the inboard surfaces of the nacelles.
Hmm. Say what now...?

quote:
2. The port ventral primary hull registry is unreadable from any angle, other than if you were inside the ship looking down through a transparent hull plate.
Again I'm not sure what you mean. This postion for the registry is taken from the Constitution Class, and quite normal..

..And Mark, yes sure. I was going to do that anyway, three containers all in a row...

[ February 25, 2002, 18:34: Message edited by: The Red Admiral ]

--------------------

The ASDB

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoops! My mistake. The registry is readable. Time to get new glasses, I guess.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He means the field grills like on the NX class, but on the inboard side instead.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Mark - the Ptolemy tug with three cargo containers:

http://www.trekmania.net/art/ptolemy05.jpg

--------------------

The ASDB

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Admiral, not that it's hugely relevant given artistict licence and all that, but I'm pretty sure the tech manual says that the Ptomley can only carry a maximum of 2 containers.

Other than that looking great. I'd be interested to compare it with Kenny's version and see the different directions that we took [Smile]

[ March 02, 2002, 14:42: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Hello Kris. Yes, I overlooked this. Let's just say it's an enhanced Mark II Ptolemy that can carry three... :-)

--------------------

The ASDB

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool stuff, Red! Where'd you get the Jupiter pic in the background?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Admiral:
Hello Kris. Yes, I overlooked this. Let's just say it's an enhanced Mark II Ptolemy that can carry three... :-)

Perhaps a SIF booster frame betwen the 2nd & 3rd containers and a re-enforced docking pad [Wink]

BTW, did you bother doing any detailing on the underside of the docking pad? Myself and Kenny put in a bunch of magnetic latches, turboshaft hatches, life support & EPS umbilicals...just for the fun of it [Big Grin]

[ March 03, 2002, 06:25: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

I did in fact do something like that, and there's umbilicals and a series of clamps between the containers.

Mark. Jupiter is part of the scene, in fact in the animation I recently did of a Connie flyby it's slowly rotating. The image map of Jupiter came from an astronomy site, from here I believe:

http://gw.marketingden.com/planets/planets.html

--------------------

The ASDB

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Admiral:
I did in fact do something like that, and there's umbilicals and a series of clamps between the containers.

http://gw.marketingden.com/planets/planets.html

Sweet, lend me a bit of webspace & we can post them both up. I'm sure I have a render of the pad knocking around somewhere.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps