Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Paladin

Author Topic: The Paladin
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kitbash time. This one's a Light Cruiser, an is a variant of the Saladin.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is it based on the SFBattles CL design?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has similarities to the NX-01, and the Loknar (which occured to me in an afterthought) but in truth is not based on anything.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great minds...

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same suggestion about the inboard nacelle surfaces from the Ptolomey post. Also, you spelled "Caledonia" wrong.

I'm also a bit concerned that the nacelle supports are running right through the impulse deck. It might get sort of crowded in there.

I might back off a bit with the panel lines. They look a bit deep.

But still, very nice work.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

"Caledonia"... D'oh! I'll correct that..

Wow, CaptMike!! I've never seen that before! That's so cool. Cheers or that titbit!

--------------------

The ASDB

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems to be the good old "Kearsarge class light cruiser" from SFB... Umm. I second Masao, you could give the ship an itty bitty "secondary hull" or at least some sort of a primary hull extension where the pylons meet, much as in that SFB picture. It would give the ship some extra personality, too, instead of relying 100% on recycled Constitution stuff.

You could even build a tiny shuttlebay into that secondary hull, to give your cruiser an edge over the similarly sized but hangar-less destroyers. Nothing fancy, just a set of square sliding doors or something... Shuttlebays are fun, especially if you equip them with approach and landing lights and monitoring stations and stuff.

Don't get me wrong, she's beautiful as she now stands. But a little bit of extra personality never hurts.

Timo Saloniemi

[ February 26, 2002, 03:39: Message edited by: Timo ]

capped
Member # 709

BTW, what is the source for that SFB being called 'Kearsarge-class'? I'd love to include it in the Galactopedia
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SFB. Probably.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps