Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Some Doodles

Author Topic: Some Doodles
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just some doodles I like, I just did them the other day. I haven't used my scanner for a while - it's been under books ;o)

But here they are the first one is a ship of some sort... could be a new Bajoran ship? It could also be a Fed type ship - thinking the 'nose' if you looked at it from the front might have a Defiant style deflector - but on a smaller scale.

The second ship just sort of grew from other things, and I added to it and saw it had something of either a Romulan or a Klingon feel to it.

Hope you like

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking the second pic ship has a Ferengi Marauder feel to it. But I aggree it could go the way of a Romulan feel to it.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I saw the title of this thread on the main board it said "Some doodles(dat)", it sounded like a french-Canadian complimenting the doodles.

[ March 01, 2002, 05:10: Message edited by: Grokca ]

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that second one! Especially the "head". Depending on what it looks like from underneath, it could totally be a Rommie ship. Sort of has a Goa'uld feel to it too...

Whoops...wrong series.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have pages and pages of doodles and sketches from over a few years... I was thinking of scanning a lot of them in and making a web site!?!

Andrew

--------------------

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually that might be kind of cool, Andrew. Perhaps if you decide to further add detail to these sketches you could document all the different stages and your thought-process along the way. I don't think I've actually seen a fan-design documented with the different design stages like that before.

--------------------
Move .sig!!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like you started out drawing a Sabre and a Hideki, and ended up off-track... :-)
Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All together now, folks.

*slaps forhead*
Doh.

--------------------
Move .sig!!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I have seldom gone to the 'finished' stage like some people around here do with their starships - they do a very nice job I need some tips on doing those nice 'final products' I remember RW's ships always looked beautiful... how did he do them? Hand? Graphics Program? Most of my ships are doodles/sketches.

Andrew

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think anyone knows how RW did his drawings. But one thing's for sure: No one can beat them. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps