Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » TOS era Ship (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: TOS era Ship
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the ship Lobo, a sensible and plausible design, bridging the TOS/TMP eras..

The font I use is called AmarilloUSAF. I've put it on my server so you can download it. I shan't keep it there for too long tho..... [Smile]

http://www.trekmania.net/AMUSAF__.TTF

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Admiral!!!

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Topher: the USN font is far from the Microgramma font family though, so i dont know why you are considering them related. The only relation between them is that they were both used on different eras of Star Trek. Calling one the other is inaccurate.

BTW, if you really want to get picky about fonts relating to TOS, take note of the fact that there were subtle differences between the smaller 1701 in 'The Cage' and 'WNMHGB' and the large Enterprise seen in most of TOS. The '7' and the '1' were a little different in the decals between the two. Also, the Constellation had a thinner font for its name, in order to fit the space alotted

[ March 03, 2002, 20:48: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got my copy of the Amarillo font from its creator at this page: http://www.tlai.com/med_des/amusaf.html

I even sent in my shareware fee and later bought a copy of Amarillo Pro, which has all the alternate historical characters allowing you to make absolutely correct registries.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eeek!! The AmarilloUSAF Pro page has a sample saying NX-01 [Smile]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meanwhile, I've taken the shareware into Softy and am busy creating the correct alternate characters to make it ST:TOS (1,7,E,F,Z) so i probably wont be buying it.
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the front view:

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Lobo
Member # 669

Hi.
here is the complete 4 side view(with the new font. thx Red Admiral).
http://mitglied.lycos.de/Mrbrown5/3side.JPG
cya
Lobo

[ March 05, 2002, 17:57: Message edited by: Lobo ]

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's definately one sweet ship.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lobo
Member # 669

Tanks Topher.

--------------------

Lobo
Member # 669

Hi
Here is the complete 5 Side views:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/Mrbrown5/5side.jpg

Lobo

--------------------

Lobo
Member # 669

Hi.
Here is the funky 2270's Refit of the ship:

Old and new:

Cya
Lobo

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps