Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Federation Class Dreadnought

Author Topic: Federation Class Dreadnought
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the penultimate ship in this Constitution family project. In the end there will be five, three pseudo-canon. The final one will be a TOS style Miranda, pre Reliant-type refit.

Early renders.
http://www.trekmania.net/art/dreadnought02.jpg

http://www.trekmania.net/art/dreadnought04.jpg

http://www.trekmania.net/art/dreadnought06.jpg

TOS Fleet pic
http://www.trekmania.net/art/3TOSships3.jpg

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do believe that's the first time I've seen various 3D shots of the Federation Class dreadnought. Very cool! [Smile]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice. I like those hull and nacelle markings, except, perhaps, for that grey line running up the back of the primary hull mound. I can also see why you put the nacelle supports where you did on the previous ship: FJ puts the Dreadnought's support in the same place. Is that where he puts the engine room on his blueprints?

BTW: Congratulations on the correct use of "penultimate." I think that's the first time I've seen it used correctly on line. (I'm waiting for someone [other than a linguist] to use "antepenultimate," then I can die happy.)

Minutiae: I've seen another Dreadnought fairly recently, but I don't remember who made it. Probably at 3D Gladiators.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*falls to knees*

I worship you and my favorite non-canon ship.

In prep for your TOS Miranda project: If you have SotSF you know of the Surya/Coventry classes (Coventry being the same shape as a Miranda and the Surya having a much shorter hull) .. and the Early Voyages comics showed the Cortez/Achilles variant (which had a rollbar even)

Coventry registries run in the 1230+ range, Suryas run 1850+, but 1830+ seems likely. The Cortez was NCC-1834

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may be another 'artistic license' issue, but I thought i'd mention it, Red. [Wink] You do know, right, that that thing on top of the saucer is NOT supposed to be the bridge, but rather a sensor dome identical to the one on the underside? That's how Joseph has it in his drawings, at least. Presumably, the bridge is tucked away in the safety of that extra-bulgy saucer. Probably the only case of a SF ship who *didn't* have it right out there in the open for all to see... [Roll Eyes]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I did notice this on the schematic, but it doesn't have to mean the bridge isn't in that module somewhere. I does of course make more sense for the bridge to be sheltered away in the centre of the saucer perhaps, this is after all a warship.

CaptainMike: I don't know the ships you mean actually. I'm back-engineering the Miranda as we speak, it's half finished. I'm using my existing Miranda mesh, which was the USS Miranda NX-1830 in fact, this pre-Miranda will just be what it was like pre-refit.

The main differences include 2 separate impulse engines, and 1 shuttle bay situated central aft, instead of two which the refit had.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great work!

But ehm.. isn't that hull a bit too shiny?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

I haven't nailed everything down yet. They're just early test renders.

--------------------

The ASDB

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They just had it washed and waxed.
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean 'waxed and waned'.

Standard Newtonian Physics

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.