Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » My Chimera CGI Model (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My Chimera CGI Model
Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey gang,

I haven't posted in so long, I had to try to remember my user name and password...

Anyway, check out my new Chimera model. Its about 75 percent complete, I need to add some final details like hatches and RCS quads, but, the structure is complete:

www.thetrekker.org/chimera.html

Thanks,
lance

www.thetrekker.org

--------------------
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible: A Concise Review of the Starfleet
http://www.thetrekker.org

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make it a bit longer and it almost looks like what DS9's Yeager would look like if it wasn't a kitbash...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know who you are Yakaspalt but that ship is total crap!
the Sauser is too long, the nacelles aren't stumpy enough, those pods shoud be much more bulbous and be away from the hull and that ventral platform should be squared off.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um..
Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, tell us what you really feel... [Roll Eyes]

I think it looks good.

--------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

www.ericksmodels.com

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lance, you egregious FUCK!! Where HAVE you BEEN? (Ha. I slay me.)

:::kicks the good Rev squaw in the noots:::

Me likey. My first thought was, "Hey! He took a Type 6 & made it into a full-sized shippy!" My question is, what are those twinned fairing on the ventral hull that glow white?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I played around w/ one of the images in Paint Shop and applied some of the changes Reverend suggested. If anyone was wondering, it makes the ship look like shit.
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just hope Rev was being sarcastic.
That ship is quite good. I'd just add some more windows - no?

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lancy, long time no read. I like the ship, though personally it's a pet theory of mine that the Centaur is actually a Chimera. This is certainly unusual, though. . . but it's the kind of ship I could well imagine Eaves or Sternbach coming up with for a movie; if it'd been in ST:FC no-one would have batted an eyelid. You going to label this as the Chimera, or the Portland?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still think it looks like a support vessel, Lance. [Razz]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh heh heh...

Rev's making a joke. A rather funny one, at that. All those changes that he suggested are what the ship looked like when Lance started. After much poking and prodding from fellow ASDB members, what you see above is what resulted. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Make it a bit longer and it almost looks like what DS9's Yeager would look like if it wasn't a kitbash...

I'll try to take thas as I compliment!

Lance

--------------------

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
I don't know who you are Yakaspalt but that ship is total crap!
the Sauser is too long, the nacelles aren't stumpy enough, those pods shoud be much more bulbous and be away from the hull and that ventral platform should be squared off.

LOL

You ass!

For those of you who don't know, Reverend and I are both ASDB Members, like many here, and, these were his complaints about my ship during the design phase...

Thanks anyway Reverend!

*smack*

Lance

--------------------

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Lance, you egregious FUCK!! Where HAVE you BEEN? (Ha. I slay me.)

:::kicks the good Rev squaw in the noots:::

Me likey. My first thought was, "Hey! He took a Type 6 & made it into a full-sized shippy!" My question is, what are those twinned fairing on the ventral hull that glow white?

Hey Shik! I really miss you guys, I'm gonna try to make a comeback. Between my new job, my new wife, my site, and the rest of life, I haven't had allot of time to post around here. But, things are settling down, so, here I am!

Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it.

The two white jobs are sensor arrays, long range tactical units for performing intense, "deep" subspace scans for enemy vessels hiding their ion trails, using low-to-mid tech cloaking devices, or hiding in nebula or gas giants.

-Lance

--------------------

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Lancy, long time no read. I like the ship, though personally it's a pet theory of mine that the Centaur is actually a Chimera. This is certainly unusual, though. . . but it's the kind of ship I could well imagine Eaves or Sternbach coming up with for a movie; if it'd been in ST:FC no-one would have batted an eyelid. You going to label this as the Chimera, or the Portland?

Thanks Vogon Poet!

I think this will be the Chimera...I have yet to add some hull details like hull markings, hatches, RCS quads, and perhaps a few more windows, but not many.

I don't accept the Centaur as a ship class, but feel it is a custom hull assembly tossed together for the war, as indicated in the DS9TM. But, lets not start THAT debate again!

Lance

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps