Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » NX-03

Author Topic: NX-03
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi am trying to design an "Enterprise" era starship the "Endeavour NX-03"
Ok it looks a little bit like the NX-01:

What do you think?

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool, although I must make the standard refrain of "more views please" before I can really sum up my feelings.

Is that a Constitutionesque single hull or an P-38esque catamaran arrangement below the saucer?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah you have right!
But i have just completed this view today.
The other views will come.

Lobo

[ March 10, 2002, 14:52: Message edited by: Lobo ]

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's really cool, I like it. But wouldn't 'NX-03', in the case of 'Enterprise', refer to an 'NX' class ship, meaning it would be precisely the same class and configuration of the Enterprise?

...Unless of course something new about the registry/class scheme has been revealed in a recent episode of Enterprise which I haven't yet seen.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Lobo
Member # 669

Hi.
Here is the top-view of the ship.
I wanted first to use the conni style Hull
but i used the catamaran style because i thought that this middle thing of the Enterprise(between the two nacelle, which is similar to the akira torpedo launchers) must be stay alone.

Lobo

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah... now I can say with a bit more certainty that I like it... [Smile]

If I may make a suggestion, it's that you might fiddle with the warp field governor pod in the middle so it's a little more unique than the NX-01. Maybe slide it forward of where the nacelle pylons join the catamarans?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even if it is counterproductive: I think it still looks too much like a distorted NX-01. You should either make the double pylons exactly as on NX-01, or considerably different. Maybe it could be NY-class or something like that.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Lobo
Member # 669

Hi.
No, its not counterproductive!
Thats reason that i post my ships here.
People like you should say to me: "Lobo thats good" or "Lobo thats bad" or "if you change this...".

All of my ships are only prototypes. If you look on the Voyager, the Enterpise D or E. The designer haven't competed this ships in one day, like my ships! They have taken a few months to complete these.

Here is a new version.

Lobo

I know, it looks still like NX-01. But i think that the look of Enterprise is a typical design flow of ships in this era.

[ March 10, 2002, 19:26: Message edited by: Lobo ]

--------------------

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was expecting something more on the lines of a retro-Steamrunner... Being NX-03 and all. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking specifically to the rego number: If it's a different class than Enterprise, it shouldn't be NX anything. Enterprise is an NX class ship. So this class should be NY or NZ class, or something like that. Anything that starts with NX should look just like Enterprise.

I do like the design though, for the most part.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lobo
Member # 669

Ok ok i know it was a bad idea to make this ship.
The rego.is now NY-03.

Lobo

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps