Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Another new CGI Mesh, Bainbridge Class Destroyer

Author Topic: Another new CGI Mesh, Bainbridge Class Destroyer
Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning Flare Gang, I've come up with another little mesh for you to poke fun at! ;-)

Check out my new Bainbridge Class Destroyer here:

www.thetrekker.org/bainbridge.html

This is now my third Trek mesh, so, let me know what you think.

Thanks
Lance
www.thetrekker.org

--------------------
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible: A Concise Review of the Starfleet
http://www.thetrekker.org

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first thought when I saw it was "Miranda ripoff" -- and though it's quite obviously inspired by the TWOK design, I think I like it. It's properly balanced fore/aft, the nacelles aren't too long or weirdly-shaped or anything like that.

The ship looks a little funky in the front and rear views, but that may be because of the misaligned pylons for the upper pod. Still, it looks pretty nice.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks kind of like a Miranda that's started evolving into an Akira...
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it. Those impulse housings (?) attached to the saucer look cool but are enormous, if they are indeed impulse housings.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more suggestion/preference -- I'd slim down that torpedo pod to something about half the current height. It looks too boxy and ungainly on an otherwise sleek hull.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
My first thought when I saw it was "Miranda ripoff" -- and though it's quite obviously inspired by the TWOK design, I think I like it. It's properly balanced fore/aft, the nacelles aren't too long or weirdly-shaped or anything like that.

The ship looks a little funky in the front and rear views, but that may be because of the misaligned pylons for the upper pod. Still, it looks pretty nice.

The pylons are not misaligned, dude. They are centered quite nicely.

Thanks for the compliment, though!

Lance

--------------------

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
I like it. Those impulse housings (?) attached to the saucer look cool but are enormous, if they are indeed impulse housings.

Yup, Masao, those are indeed large impulse engines. Most of my ships have large impulse housings...why? Because they look cool. ;-)

IMO, anyway...

My Bradbury:
www.thetrekker.org/bradbury.html

and my Chimera:
www.thetrekker.org/chimera.html

Also each have nice big impulse housings. I speculate this area houses the impulse engines, battery backups, fusion reactors, and fuel cells for the ship. Like rocket packs of some kind, heehee.

Thanks,
Lance

--------------------

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn you are good, I like the Bradbury class becasue it actually has an original look to it. The Bainbridge to me is just another Miranda/Akira/Nebula ripoff.

The Chimera seems to be a little fat...

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
Damn you are good, I like the Bradbury class becasue it actually has an original look to it. The Bainbridge to me is just another Miranda/Akira/Nebula ripoff.

The Chimera seems to be a little fat...

Thanks. The Bainbridge is actually supposed to be a sister ship to the Cheyenne...if you'll notice the saucer is similar in style. But, we all have our opinions...as for the Chimera being fat, I prefer "pleasantly plump"! :-)

Lance

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Lance, what I meant by misaligned pylons is that the connection points for the pod pylons and the nacelle pylons do not match. It looks a bit strange, IMO.

--------------------

Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks nice!
You have succsesfully combinated an miranda class with akira elements in TNG style!

Good work

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
Lance, what I meant by misaligned pylons is that the connection points for the pod pylons and the nacelle pylons do not match. It looks a bit strange, IMO.

Of course it looks strange, I designed it!!!

;-)

Whatever mismatch you are seeing, I'm not sure what you mean, it is meant to be that way...the pylons assembly is centered on the ship, if that's what you mean. I've still got some more work to do on the ship, I'll take a closer look at the pylons during my next pass over the model. I'm constantly changing and tweaking my site and my models, dude, so, I'll try to fix whatever is wrong...if something is wrong...

thanks for your interest anyway, I wasn't offended or anything.

-Lance

--------------------

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

quote:
Originally posted by Lobo:
It looks nice!
You have succsesfully combinated an miranda class with akira elements in TNG style!

Good work

Lobo

Thanks! Though I didn't intend for it to be so easily associated with the Miranda...or the Akira! That damned pylon/pod assembly.....

;-)

Lance

--------------------

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

For those of you who have been watching this thread, the ship's CGI mesh is now complete, check it and feel free to praise and flame away!

www.thetrekker.org/bainbridge.html

-Lance

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps