Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Loknar redrawn (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Loknar redrawn
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://fleetyard.virtualave.net/temp/loknar.jpg

After seeing the very simplistic FASA schematics, I reckoned I could do better.. this is the result..

I think I've run in with one of the biggest problems with fandom again.. the registry is a bit on the high side. I want to make it lower! [Smile]

[Edit 2: No need to link to outdated pics]

[Edit: To steal a line from Tim, wide images make a thread look ugly. [Wink] ]

[ April 23, 2002, 02:56: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice redraw! Now the Larson, and all the rest!
My, I'm greedy this afternoon:)
Regards
Jb

IP: Logged
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it. Very good. Now if I could find my FASA book, I'll start making demands.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry guys. I was already planning to do ships like the Larson, Surya, Decatur, Belknap and the FJ ships. Those are the fandom ships I really like.

I'm currently working on a top view of the Loknar, and made some minor adjustments to the side view.

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry you bastard! I was almost finished with my Loknar! I have the side view finished on my school zip disk, but was going to wait until i had the other views finished before i presented it... i should have posted it right away

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

http://fleetyard.virtualave.net/temp/loknar.jpg

It's finished!

Next... the Loknar!

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, here is my as yet unfinished take on it that i started last thursday....

-

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

I'm sorry Mike, for spoiling your big moment [Big Grin]

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captain Mike, I see you're using a greenish grey. Good Man!
Can anyone figure out how the impulse thrusters/outlets are positioned on this thing? FASA's top view suggests they're in the normal position on a Connie, but those big nacelle supports would seem to rule that out.
Captain Mike, the globes on the rear of the nacelle look sort of small, if those are standard nacelles. Also, I think you should remove the black outline around the nacelle pennant. Are brave enough to try putting the large registry on the side view?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry, they are nice pics... I was wondering could you try doing something a little more tricky... Like Cap'n Amasov is doing in the Tech forum - doing your version of something we have always seen - but we only ever get the one schem from the encyc - the FC ships... So something like the Norway Class! I'd like to see your take on it with your nice crisp clean lines etc.

What program do you use for those schematics!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

I use CorelDRAW 10. A bit buggy, but I've been using it since version 4 [Smile]

Captain, do you have any idea what that 'hump' on the secondary hull, just aft of the saucer, is supposed to be? There's no clue to anything there in the top view. And what is that curved shape between the pylons supposed to be?

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

No clue.. i was facing coming to a decision of how to render it in the top view.. possibly as an outcropping around where the impulse deck would be on the Connie.. the problem is that the FASA blueprints were low quality and the artists didnt even take the time to ensure continuity from one view to the other (The reason my dimensions differ from standard Constitution components is that I traced mine directly off a much enlarged view of the FASA drawing.. i quickly discovered none of the views were prorportioned correctly to each other.. the most notable other problem is how the bottom 'block' connects to the lower saucer dome.. i trusted the front view and had to alter the side view to match, Harry seems to have done the opposite)

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was already planning to do ships like the Larson, Surya, Decatur, Belknap and the FJ ships.
I thought you already drew the FJ ships (at least the Ptolemy & the Saladin/Hermes) for Bernd's site?

Also, if you're going to do these, could I possibly make a request? The Andor class. It's my favorite FASA ship, along with the Belknap. Pleeeaaase?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

capped
Member # 709

Dukhat: [Big Grin] [Wink]
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shudder* Andor class....

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps