Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Loknar redrawn (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Loknar redrawn
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where can we see all these nasty FASA ships?

Could that hump be a warp stabiliser like on the NX ;o)

Harry... Mike??? What about my Norway/FC ships suggestion!?!

Oh, and is there any place I can download Coreldraw - like a free earlier version to practice/tryout!?!

Mike what do you use?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andor.....Urge to kill...rising....

Anybody want to start a thread on the most useless and/or ridiculous FASA designs?

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Harry... Mike??? What about my Norway/FC ships suggestion!?!

I'm not that good at drawing all those curvy shapes and the amount of details of the more modern ships. TOS ships are generally a lot easier and more fun. In any case I want to finish the FASA/FJ ships first, after that we'll see what comes up.

quote:
The Andor class
http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/cruiser_andor.jpg

YOU MEAN THIS!? OMG that's 00gly. What is all that machinery supposed to be doing anyway? If it was a little better executed, it could've been some kind of sensor system for testing out new warp-engines.

And BTW, new schematics with updated Connie parts are underway for both ships.

[ April 24, 2002, 11:19: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Where can we see all these nasty FASA ships?

Could that hump be a warp stabiliser like on the NX ;o)

Oh, and is there any place I can download Coreldraw - like a free earlier version to practice/tryout!?!

Mike what do you use?

FASA-ships: Try www.shipschematics.net or http://steve.pugh.net/fleet/default.html

A warp stabilizer... could be [Smile] But boy, would that piss of James Dixon [Big Grin]

You can download a CD10 trial at http://download.com.com/3000-2187-7887333.html

And Mike uses HIS JEDI POWERS!!!!!!

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, I took a crack at the Andor last night, and it was drawn by retards.. none of the three views drawn by FASA match.. needs some serious revising (which is the same problem my Loknar is having, I cant figure out what the hell the artist was thinking)

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh.. couldnt resist
 -

as to what I use.. I'm supposed to have trans-warp drive, but...

I draw large BMP tracings of pre-existing blueprints (on the order of 3000-4000px) in MS Paint (because its simple..) then i import the monochrome images to photoshop or lview and color them.. photoshop is of course better, but i can only use it at school right now.. i usually mask off the background and just go crazy airbrushing in contrasts and shadows, then use special brushes for hull plates and aztecs. I use the AmarilloUSAF font, but im a little perturbed because the version i installed at school has the wrong '7' digit (BTW Harry is using the wrong '7' too..)

[ April 24, 2002, 09:46: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

My AmarilloUSAF doesn't even have the "-".. I have to change the font for that character to Arial [Confused]

Anyway.. I updated the ship like I said. I've made the hump an Enterprise-like catamaran-structure, much like Mike's picture above, actually.

http://fleetyard.virtualave.net/temp/loknar.jpg

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

yeah .. i was adding some lines and shadowing to make it a feature on the top view..

BTW, what is your solution for the bottom carriage sideview/front view problem.. it must tape up to the sensor dome on yours, mine i think i am changing the sideview.. more later

also, i changed the registry of the variant.. i found there was an unused number from the Loknar list and i came up with a name [Wink]

I used to have a version of Amarillo that I took into Softy and corrected all the characters (7, Z, E and 1 are all off in this ver.) unfortunately that file fell when LCARS mk1 melted down its HD.. this version, whenever i try to edit it starts to corrupt itself.. I'm almost tempted to get a registred copy, which allegedly includes all possible alternate characters..

[ April 24, 2002, 12:10: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

If you take the front view as the starting point, like you did, the secondary hull has to be wider than the lower saucer dome. You'd have to make it overlap the lower dome in the side view.

If you take the side view as a starting point, like I did, than the secondary hull would not be visible at all in the front view.

My take is that the lower secondary hull curves towards the lower dome.

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, the version of the Andor that I had seen did NOT have that underslung secondary hull. I do have to admit that it makes the ship look incredibly stupid.

As for my statement about liking the Andor class...maybe I should rephrase what I meant. I like the TOP VIEW. I definitely do not like the side or the front views. But if someone (CaptainMike [Wink] ) could make just a top view, I'd be much obliged. BTW, weren't you going to make a drawing of the Belknap class from the comic, Mike?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The blood alcohol level on the "designer" of the Andor is matched only by whatever mathematics whiz laid out her dimensions. With a beam of 130 meters, her entire bridge module is a little less than 11 meters wide. That's not even as wide as the floor plan of the bridge set from the series.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

capped
Member # 709

well, im ignoring the measurements and going by the nacelles for dimensions.. but thew problem is the side and front and top views lack any detaisl relating to the others.. im not sure where any of the pieces go... basically, im looking for photographs of the model they released before i start coloring.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps