Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Excelsior Study Model (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Excelsior Study Model
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first one I chose to do was the 4 nacelle design. The others will follow at some point.

http://www.trekmania.net/art/excelstudy1_06.jpg

http://www.trekmania.net/art/excelstudy1_07.jpg

http://www.trekmania.net/art/excelstudy1_08.jpg

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's really quite excellent. Reminds me of Foundation Imaging's work for B5, must be the lighting or something.

Someone should point this out to Krenim, maybe it's the evil crew of the evil Excelsior lost in the B5 universe. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, that's an intriguing idea! Anyway cheers, I used quite hard lighting for this, sometimes it works well, depending on the object, camera angle, backdrop etc.. But in a way you're right, B5 did have quite dark moody lighting.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is damned cool. [Smile]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice!

OK, is it possible to get a little glow on the nacelle grills? - i.e. hitting the near bulkheads surrounding the grills.

The Saucer - can it have a bit more... roughness?? I.e. like the nacelles and pylons!?!

This is one bizarre ship... It looks from the front... as if it is going to 'fall over'! [Smile]

Andrew

[ April 28, 2002, 07:19: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job!! How about a bottom view??
Regards
Jb

IP: Logged
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes...so we can see the..*pant*..shuttlebay..*grunt*, wide-open? *nngh*

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not this again... [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoever first suggested that starships resembled phallic simbols ought to sign up for a lobotomy.

Major typo corrected [Wink]

[ April 30, 2002, 06:00: Message edited by: Cartman ]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you mean phallic?
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, I don't feel starships look like dicks, I was going for women.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your dick looks like a starship - I'd got to the doctor... especially the Defiant - you could have slept on it! ;o)

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
Member # 205

I can't digest that right now, I'm gonna have to sleep on it. Duh-huh-huh-huh! [Smile]

Kommunist Ophicer: Very nice rendering, indeed. Say, where might one put torpie-launchers on dat ting?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, that ship looks a lot better than the schematics suggest. really great work, Admiral.

--jacob

IP: Logged
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Cheers all, I just got back from Spain so haven't had a chance to respond to anything for more than a week.

Andrew. I was following the available pictures of the study model. It's more or less accurate. I'm not sure what you mean about a 'rough saucer'. Do you mean more panelling?

Bottom view, sure at some point. It's not finished down there just yet, simply because there are no known model photos of the actual model, so I've held back going into too much detail as yet.

There is a shuttle bay present, but there's nothing 'in there'.

Nim, I ain't no commie geyser, alright!! No, in all seriousness, I expect the torp bays are mounted somewhere below the saucer. I haven't modelled anything in that area yet.

--------------------

The ASDB

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps