Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » New York Class Revision (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New York Class Revision
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh there are requirements, that sucks.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
You're pretty damn chatty for a dead guy!! [Smile]

Well, my spirit is restless. [Smile]
See? This is me.  - And me as well.  -

[ May 23, 2002, 21:00: Message edited by: Dat ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The Defiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
All right, what about the ship?
IP: Logged
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so she's about Excelsior size, right? And four nacelles, not just two? A big beast if you ask me.

I can see impulse engines on the saucer, so I assume the engineering hull stern is going to be free for a shuttlebay or two then. *Are* those shuttlebays? You might want to add some "door detail" there.

Is the ship armed? Strip phasers (to go with that red-ramscoop "modern look") or turrets (to go with the general Excelsior look)? We want to see 'em guns!

All four-nacellers so far have had a problem with the deflector dish. Where is it? The blunt-nosed Constellation could plausibly have it at the very bow, but this baby's bow is too sharp for that. Is there an inset dish somewhere?

Does the ship have some sort of a special mission? I'm a sucker for such things. You could perhaps add some mission-specific hardware there: prominent guns for a warship, prominent *lack* of guns (accentuated by the presence of other detail) on a courier vessel, cargo doors on a fast transport, weird antennas on a spyship or scout.

And windows, I wanna see windows! Perhaps not as many as in actual TNG-era ships, but even an Excelsior-era ship has quite a few.

Timo Saloniemi

The Defiant
Ex-Member

It's coming. I widh they were .gifs instead of .jpgs. Oh well, later today.
The Defiant
Ex-Member

Al right, This damn ProHosting doesn't want to come up.( [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] ) Now if I can dig up my FreeServers password...
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"fuck"...

Do yourself and us a tremendous favour and sign up for an account with either Brinkster or Host. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Defiant
Ex-Member

Well, here is the detailed version Timo wanted:
Here

Well, I tried adding an engineering hull but it didn't look right.
I am making variants with weaponry, cargo holds, sensors, and intelligence-y stuff. Expect them later. (Thanks Timo)
The aft space of the secondary hull adjacent of the lower shuttlebay is the place where the shuttles are stored, the doors open and it flies out. That sounds about right, yeah. [Wink]

[ May 25, 2002, 04:45: Message edited by: The Defiant ]

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Defiant found a server to use to display his pics. And they're in the correct format for jpegs.
Now, you need to learn not to post big images in your post, but just to link to them. "Big" meaning the length is larger than 1024 pixels. Even 800 pixels wide would be stretching it in terms of "big".

[ May 24, 2002, 20:50: Message edited by: Dat ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The Defiant
Ex-Member

^^^^^

That better? [Wink]

The Defiant
Ex-Member

Go to

New Amsterdam Class

Thread

[ May 25, 2002, 06:28: Message edited by: The Defiant ]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By request...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps