Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Amsterdam Class (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Amsterdam Class
Ferg
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calm down man. [Cool]
The ship looks great. I like it. Happy now?

IP: Logged
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it does look good.

And you don't have to learn Slovenian. Just use an online dicitonary to get the form field headings when you register and you'll be fine.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slovakian. I mean, who the "fuck" do you think you are, Topher? George W. Bush?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The Defiant
Ex-Member

Well, I don't want to bother looking up one. I think that what I have will be fine.
Are there any improvements you want on the ship?
And it is better than the first(
[ June 29, 2002, 19:24: Message edited by: BWC ]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure it's Slovenian [Razz]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Defiant
Ex-Member

Well, it somewhere in Europe. I wish it was Dutch, because that I can translate. Oh well. AT least they will come up (damn you prohosting!). Enough about websites, I want to know about the ship, mostly because I'm bored. BTW, I am going to check Host.sk out.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No matter the host or the language, the ship is way cool now! The hull finish ain't exactly an Excelsior copy-paste, which I consider a major plus. And the more detailed and restyled nacelles look awfully cute.

Perhaps the big cavity between the aft hulls could still be filled with something...? The ship looks structurally weak somehow, like a kitbash that works fine when made of light plastic parts but not if reproduced full-scale with duranium structures. The space between shuttlebays could plausibly be a big cargo hold - perhaps you could put some structural supports on the centerline and then stack some cargo containers there?

Timo Saloniemi

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok...I'll take a stab at this. I agree that there definitely needs to be something between the shuttle/cargo bays in the aft part of the ship. A cargo hold makes sense. Details like small viewports, airlock hatches and other little greebles could abound.

I'm also not sure about the nacelle struts. They look thin. I think if they weren't curved as much and if they looked a little thicker, I make dig it more.

The forward section looks pretty decent though. You might thicken up some of your outlines and deatil lines, though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Defiant
Ex-Member

I can't do a detailed revision yet, until I can figure out what I want to do. Maybe if the warp nacelle struts were just straight out and not visible from the side. I was thinking of a a raised deck out of the bottom shuttle bay thing, you know what I'm talking about, with a photon torp. launcher above, connecting the two with four struts. I'll get to work on it. I was also thinking of doing something different with the nacelles, what do you think?

[ May 28, 2002, 06:08: Message edited by: The Defiant ]

The Defiant
Ex-Member

Ok,

(If you want them, email me at [email protected])

Yeah, type in the damn URL, sorry bout that.

How do you like it?

[ June 29, 2002, 19:24: Message edited by: BWC ]

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just so that all of you know, the only originality is Defiant's arrangement of the parts (and even then the statement is a stretch, 'cause the arrangement is supposed to be New York class - someone else's idea). Otherwise, it's a kitbash from Bernd's Minsk class or whatever he called it.

[ May 28, 2002, 09:55: Message edited by: Dat ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The Defiant
Ex-Member

You know Dat, the ship I based it from is a radical departure from mine. Heck, it's not a kitbash of the same ship! And I'm pretty sure Bernd said it was ok if I did kitbash. I may be wrong on that.

[ May 28, 2002, 12:08: Message edited by: The Defiant ]

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Defiant, I never said that nothing was original. I DID say the arrangement of the parts were orignal...and then I admitted that what I just said may be a stretched statement, but I never fully retracted what I said. Also I never said you were stealing someone else's "designed parts". It's fine if Bernd said you can do it. I never said that you were doing it without Bernd's approval. All I said was that the parts were from Bernd's USS Minsk design. My intention was to point out to others that you did not create the parts from scratch as others may be believing.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The Defiant
Ex-Member

Oh, I misunderstood it. Sorry, Dat.

[ May 28, 2002, 19:35: Message edited by: The Defiant ]

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
instead of making us copy down the URL, why cant you just follow the webhost's terms of service and place the image on a page that we can legally link to?

[ May 28, 2002, 21:48: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps