Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » A Question or Two About the Phase II Enterprise

Author Topic: A Question or Two About the Phase II Enterprise
Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to do as accurate a drawing of the Phase II ship as I can, but a couple of questions about the engines are nagging me. First, do the sides of the forward section taper in from top to bottom (as do the TMP engines), or are they straight up-and-down? You could argue either way from the pictures in the Phase II book. I was wondering if anybody had seen or heard of an image not in the book that could clarify this. Opinions would be welcome also.

Second, do the engines seem unusually short to any of you? If the saucer in the schematic printed in the book is the same size as the dimensions given for TOS, then the Phase II ship would be approximately 25 meters shorter than before her upgrade.

On a related note, does anyone know a source for an accurate (correct to the series) schematic of the TOS E? I've done some searches on all of this, both here and elsewhere, but all I keep coming up with is stuff based on the FJ designs. I know those are worthless. Maybe I'm just asking the wrong questions on my searches.

This is all part of a long-term project I'm working on; I'd tell you more, but then I'd have to kill you. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
but then I'd have to kill you
If you can get past my .357 wadcutters.

I think Shik has a link to a site that had correct schematics ... could be wrong. Do some searching, I found a link to them here on Flare within the past few weeks but I forget where ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do believe that it's Bill McCullars' IDIC Page that my esteemed Off-Road Lord of the Sith is thinking of. Other possible sites include but are not limited to John Lester's Starship Modeler, Steve Iverson's Cult TV Man, & Roger Sorenson's Model Citizen.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If you can get past my .357 wadcutters
you'd be better off using 158 grain semi-wadcutter hollowpoints, or even better, 125 gr JHP's.
IP: Logged
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gunbuff-nerd-buffs!!! Get the fuck out while you can!!! There they go, over there, get'em get'em!!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that exact measurements of the 1701 model were taken by a now-deceased fan, but are available online in some form, either at one of those websites, but I viewed them at TrekBBS.. start a thread or look up some of the FJ 1701 vs Jefferies 1701 threads.

I think that the Phase II Enterprise was depicted in Ships of the Star Fleet as one of the interim classes between the Achernar and the Enterprise. Constitution (II) maybe... but this drawing would show the same inaccuracies as the Franz Joseph/SotSF Constitution drawing compared to the models.

The Real Folk Blues
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Gunbuff-nerd-buffs!!! Get the fuck out while you can!!! There they go, over there, get'em get'em!!
i think you need a trepanation.
IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps