Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Proto Miranda (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Proto Miranda
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi [Smile] .
I have made the sideview of an Proto Miranda class starship:(2 versions)
 -

Any commens?

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

The Defiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job again, Lobo. My only suggestion is that you should make the bridge module like on the original Miranda, forming the 'peak'. You know what I mean.
I like both, but if you have the long pylon of the bottom with the details of the top, and if you take away the rollbar and have the deflector dish above the sensor dome a little.

[ June 01, 2002, 20:13: Message edited by: The Defiant ]

IP: Logged
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Defiant:
You know what I mean.

Yes i know [Wink]

Here is the Frontview:
 -

[ June 02, 2002, 09:22: Message edited by: Lobo ]

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh? Are those nacelle pylons straight (last image) or angled downwards (first two views)?
Ferg
Ex-Member

I think that's the front view of the first ship.
What we see in the side view is a single vertical pylon, with 2 horizontal ones attatched to the base.

Lobo
Member # 669

quote:
Originally posted by Ferg:
I think that's the front view of the first ship.

Yeah! Thats right.

--------------------

Lobo
Member # 669

And the backview:
 -

--------------------

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're really good. I wish I could post my stuff on Flare, but I need a scanner or something to get them on here.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Lobo
Member # 669

Here are the 4 Sideview of the ship.

-

Lobo

--------------------

Ferg
Ex-Member

Just realised I forgot to mention how much I like the design! Great work as usual! [Big Grin]
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it as well. Nice design. Nice rendering.

A couple of teeny nitpicks, though. The running lights on the sides of the saucer...should they be green and red like the ones on the nacelles? Also...the registry on the starboard nacelle needs to be flipped [Smile]

[ June 03, 2002, 11:18: Message edited by: Aban Rune ]

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What program do you use Lobo? Photosuite?

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

The Defiant
Ex-Member

And how do we get it?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah - I want photosuite!!! [Smile]

NICE!

I'm gonna nit-pick though, just some comments.

The curvature of the top and bottom part of the saucer section looks more like how the refit-versions curve - not how the E-Nil TOS looks (if that's the era/style you were going for - or maybe something inbetween?)

Does it need a deflector dish? The deflectors on the Miranda were on that 'apartment block' at the back of the saucer weren't they?

Maybe the back of the nacelles could be the old 'grill' version not the ball!?! Just a comment.

Maybe original Mirandas looked like the Lantree - with out the roll-bar which could have been just fitted for refit?

Very nice though.
Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice ship. But the top view, which you've now down the full set for, is much better.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.