Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Goofiness

Author Topic: Goofiness
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...yeah. Thanks to the "worst fan design ever" thread as well as the posting of the Winged Defender image, I'm prompted to post 2 ideas I had.

The first I call the "twin Akira" for obvious reasons. It's silly looking & stupid & altogether good for a laugh.

The second is inspired by the WD image, which I've always loved. Sometimes when I build models, I'll C&P-bash them on the computer first to see how the pieces can or would fit together; that's how my Richmond-class cruiser came about. A while ago, I saw a few pictures of a Romulanized K'tinga on Starship Modeler. It was based on simply upgrading the old TOS idea of Roms using Klingon ships; I loved how they greened it out & make the new feather patterns. So I started thinking about how maybe that happened all the way through the movies & I came up with the idea of the Romulanized KBoP. This one...I actually really like & maybe one day, I'll buy the BoP model to build it, as I know I have an old beak & warbird nacelles hanging around here in parts boxes.

[ June 28, 2002, 11:12: Message edited by: Shik ]

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shall call it.. the RomBoP!

Er.. it's very ugly as is, but there's some potential to turn it into a not-bash design...

Make the "head" smaller, cut it off right below where the "neck" bottom joins it.

Shrink the "leg" cannons about 50%

Delete the BoP warp engines, of course (replace with shuttlebay / rear plasma launcher?)

"Bird up" the engines a little.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could, Rob, but the scale you see is pretty much what the parts would be. Otherwise I'd love to implement your changes. Remember, it was only a "let's see where & how the pieces fit" shot. ALTHOUGH....the modified beak DOES sound good...& how do you mean by "bird up" the engines? Feather patterns?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm only getting 404 messages. [Frown]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah... I can't see them either.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Shik
Member # 343

Hmm. Maybe that means they're FINALLY FIXING MY FUCKING SERVER AFTER 2� WEEKS. In any event, I transferred to the FU so they're accessible again.

--------------------

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL, the double-decker Akira looks like a Narn heavy cruiser. [Big Grin]

The RomBoP obviously have some serious scaling issues. [Big Grin]

[ June 28, 2002, 15:46: Message edited by: David Templar ]

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh. Escher'd be proud [Smile]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wish I could, Rob, but the scale you see is pretty much what the parts would be. Otherwise I'd love to implement your changes. Remember, it was only a "let's see where & how the pieces fit" shot. ALTHOUGH....the modified beak DOES sound good...& how do you mean by "bird up" the engines? Feather patterns?

Well yeah, I know it couldn't be made into a real model, but I was really talking about a on-paper-only design.

Yeah, I meant patterns, the engines are too 'smooth' compared to the rest of the ship.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps