Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Series ?: Episode 3x12, "Yggdrasil, Part II"

Author Topic: Series ?: Episode 3x12, "Yggdrasil, Part II"
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WARNING!

This episode contains mild spoilers for the first season of Enterprise. Those who have yet to see the show and don't want to know anything about it should not read this episode. But the spoilers aren't that severe, everything you learn here is pretty much revealed in "Broken Bow." But you can never be too careful.

Last time, on Star Trek: Series ?...

After a botched-up sendoff, Captain Braxton and his crew set off in the new Relativity to hunt down the evil crew of the evil Excelsior. Yes, again. They find the Excelsior, but it turns out that Admiral Janeway was setting a trap for them. It turns out that the Excelsior was taken by the Vaadwaur, who have decided to take over the galaxy after laying low for the past five centuries. Gorei, the Vaadwaur leader, gave Janeway an ultimatum: Help the Vaadwaur by altering history in their favor or die. Needless to say, Janeway agreed to help the Vaadwaur. Zo'or was assigned to the Excelsior as the Vaadwaur observer. Wounding the Relativity with the Excelsior's upgraded weapondry, Janeway called in an entire fleet of Vaadwaur ships to help her finish off her archnemesis.

And now the conclusion...

Star Trek: Series ?

Episode 64: Yggdrasil, Part II

Janeway tapped her communicator. "Janeway to Vaadwaur fleet. Fire at will."

"I don't think so, Admiral."

"What? Why not?"

"We may be allowing you to persue your revenge against Captain Braxton, but we never said we'd help you do it."

"Then why are you here?"

"To take over that Federation base you attacked in Part I."

And with that, the Vaadwaur fleet took off. Admiral Janeway, while a bit miffed, took a big gulp of coffee and then smirked. "Well, Braxton, I suppose this will work out just fine. I don't need them to help me defeat you. With the upgraded Excelsior, nothing can stand in my way! Mr. Hawk... FIRE!"

The evil Excelsior let loose another evil barrage of subspace torpedoes, but this time, the Relativity was ready for them. Sulu pulled off some evasive manuevers, while Yar shot back with the Relativity's paradox torpedoes.

Now it was Braxton's turn to laugh. "You're defeated, Admiral Janeway!"

"Defeated? How do you figure that, Captain Moron? None of our vital systems have been damaged!"

"Oh no? Yar just destroyed the Excelsior's coffee reserves, and we all know you can't function without a supply of java!"

Janeway checked the damage report. "Ack! He's right! We have no more coffee! We must retreat! But you're not out of the woods yet, Braxton! By now, the Vaadwaur are attacking Federation outposts throughout the Delta Quadrant!"

Yoda added, "Begun this Vaadwaur War has..."

Braxton thought for a second. "Wait... Doesn't that sound kind of... redundant? I know! From now on, this conflict will be known as... THE VAAD WAR!"

Both crew groaned at the horrible pun, Yoda most of all. "Okay, okay... Begun this Vaud War has..."

And with that, the evil Excelsior jumped back into the subspace corridors and was gone.

Yar's console started beeping. "Captain, there's a transmission coming in from Admiral Picard."

"Onscreen."

The disembodied head of Admiral Picard came onscreen. "Braxton! I'm getting reports of attacks throughout the Delta Quadrant! What's going on out there?"

Braxton explained what happened. Unfortunately, Braxton made no sense (as usual), so Ducane had to explain the whole thing over again.

Picard was in shock. "I'm in shock!"

Braxton nodded. "Yes, it's quite amazing that a species forgotten about 500 years and a whole series ago has put together the largest fleet ever assembled and is trying to conquer the galaxy!"

"No, not that! I'm shocked that you had enough smarts to target Janeway's coffee supply! Anyway, I'm leading a task force into the Delta Quadrant to combat the Vaadwaur, but I can't engage all of them at once. I need you to fight that fleet of ships that's near you."

"Us against hundreds of state-of-the-art enemy ships? Isn't that suicide?"

"No, that's a win-win situation for me. So get to it! Picard out."

While the Relativity crew tried to figure out what to do, the evil crew of the evil Excelsior made a hasty retreat. Admiral Janeway was fuming, looking into her now empty coffee cup. "I hate that Captain Braxton! Oh well, it doesn't matter much anyway. He and the rest of the Federation will be destroyed by the Vaadwaur!"

Dark Helmet nodded. "Yes, Admiral. These subspace corridors are like Yggdrasil from ancient Norse myth. They connect to so many worlds, so we and the Vaadwaur can jump out, attack, and then jump back into them."

"Mr. Helmet?"

"Yes?"

"My last first officer made a habit of explaining episode titles with his stupid parables, and nobody liked him. Don't make the same mistake."

"Right. Sorry."

Zo'or interrupted. "If I may interject, Admiral... We need to get started on altering history to the Vaadwaur's advantage."

"Don't worry, blue boy. We'll get to that in an episode or two."

"Very well."

"And Zo'or?"

"What?"

"What's with the funny hand gestures?"

Captain Braxton and his staff assembled to discuss how to defeat the Vaadwaur fleet. Ducane opened the meeting. "Does anyone have some bright idea as to how we can do this?"

Yar said, "I say we blow them to smithereens!"

Dax shook her head. "We can't do that. We're not only vastly outnumbered, but the instant we fire torpedoes, they'll jump into the subspace corridors."

"Then how do we keep them from jumping into the corridors?"

Everyone looked at Kes. "What? Why are you all looking at me?"

Ducane answered, "Because you're the one with the nearly-omnipotent powers. Can't you do something?"

"Sorry, this is apparantly a deus ex machina free episode. You're on your own."

A light bulb suddenly appeared in the air over Dax's head, indicating she had an idea. Braxton grabbed the light bulb. "Dax, what have I told you about these light bulbs?"

"That they're archaic."

"Right. So whenever you have an idea, have something more modern appear over your head, okay?"

Dax thought for a few more seconds, and a plasma-based illumination device appeared above her head. "Better?"

"Much. What's your idea?"

Dax began whispering her plan to everyone so that the suspense would build...

About an hour later, on the bridge of the local Vaadwaur command ship, the tactical officer noticed something. "Sir, there's an object heading towards us."

The captain said, "Put it onscreen."

A small device was indeed heading towards them. "Bring it aboard. I want to know what that device is."

Several minutes later, the device was tractored into a storage bay. The captain looked over it. "What is it?"

The science officer scanned it. "It appears to be some sort of subspace jamming device, sir. While it's onboard, we can't jump into the subspace corridors or use our subspace weapondry."

"Then get it off the ship!"

"Wait! What's this attached to it?"

The science officer grabbed a note off the device and read it. "To whom it may concern: Please replicate this device and note and send them to at least ten other ships in your fleet of evil. Failure to do so will result in horrible bad luck."

The captain gasped in horror. "A chain letter! Oh no!"

"What do we do, sir?"

"The only thing we can do..."

Dax monitored the Vaadwaur fleet. "Sir, my chain letter plan worked! All the enemy ships now have the jamming device aboard them!"

Braxton grinned wickedly. "Excellent! Yar, fire at will! And don't ask me which one's Will. We've had enough bad puns in this episode already."

And so, the Relativity engaged the Vaadwaur fleet. With their propulsion and weapons helpless, the ships were easily destroyed.

"Sulu?"

"Captain Sulu!"

"You know what? If you keep bringing that up, I'll find a way to demote you! I don't know how, but I will!"

"Okay, okay..."

"Set a course for Admiral Picard's flagship."

The Relativity met up with Admiral Picard's flagship, appropriately named Admiral Picard's Flagship. Picard's face came onscreen. "Braxton? What are you doing here? Didn't I send you to your inevitable death?"

"Yes, but we beat the Vaadwaur fleet."

"You did? Darn. I mean... Great! But while you managed to save that Federation base, a thousand more across the Delta Quadrant fell to the Vaadwaur. The entire quadrant's a war zone now."

"Does that mean what I think it means, sir?"

"Yes, Braxton, it does. It means we're ripping off Deep Space Nine by having a war arc!"

Meanwhile, on the new Vaadwaur Prime, Gorei entered a strange-looking room. Inside, time was acting quite strangely. Gorei kneeled before a platform. "What is thy bidding, my master?"

A shadowy figure appeared on the platform and spoke. "How are you progressing?"

"Almost everything is going according to plan. We've captured a bunch of Federation bases, and we are continuing to gain territory."

"Almost everything? What went wrong?"

"Captain Braxton defeated not only the Excelsior, but a fleet of hundreds of our ships."

"Hmm... I see. Well, Braxton's luck will soon run out, for nobody, and I mean nobody, defeats me... FUTURE GUY! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Next time, on Star Trek: Series ?... Will it be an episode by MinutiaeMan? Or will it be an episode by me? Wait and see...

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just keeps getting weirder and weirder... and cracks me up each time, hilarious stuff! [Big Grin]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a horrible thought: if the Roddenberry-universe allows for E:FC crossovers, doesn't it also allow for Andromeda crossovers?

And is Future Guy Galvatron, or does everyone in the future laugh like that?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just thinking the same thing. Galvatron didn't appear and beat up FutureGuy for laughing like that, after all...
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Galvatron is not Future Guy. Having said that, I expect I'll be proven wrong by Berman and Braga. [Wink]

Seriously, I have other plotlines in store for Galvatron, so he won't be Future Guy. As for why Galvatron didn't beat up Future Guy for laughing manically, both Future Guy and his image are probably in places Galvatron can't get to.

And since I haven't done a list of upcoming episodes in a while...

3x13: Take Me Out to the Holomatrix

MinutiaeMan's guest episode. I'm assuming he wants to do it next, as that's how it's listed in his Series ? archive.

3x14: A Wolf 359 in Sheep's Clothing

You guys are going to hate me for this episode. Really. [Big Grin]

3x15: Enter: Enterprise, Part I

Fun with the NX-01 crew. Mayhem commences.

3x16: Enter: Enterprise, Part II

More fun with the NX-01 crew. Even more mayhem commences.

3x17: Tuesday

If you can't guess what this one's about, shame on you.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey... wasn't Future Guy supposed to be from the 27th century or so, according to Daniels? [Razz]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow.

[ July 09, 2002, 09:48: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

Spoilers for "Cold Front!"

$

$

$

$

No, the 27th Century people Daniels was talking about were observing the building of the pyramids or Sphinx or something like that. The only info we have on Future Guy is that he is from some time before the 31st Century. But I have already taken into account that Future Guy may be from some era before Braxton.

[ July 09, 2002, 10:44: Message edited by: Krenim ]

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, the question is: will our Future Guy be the sam as their Future Guy? Does Krenim have an idea who it'll be? Or will we just have to hold on and hope that the real Future Guy gets revealed before Krenim's, and hope that nothing Krenim does contradicts their and thus decanonizes 'Series?'? 8)

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, Krenim can just say that the "Series ?" FutureGuy got replaced by an impostor, or something like that... [Big Grin]

Remember that in a parody, the rules of logic do not apply!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Eclipse
Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it possible that the Series ? "Future Guy" is Palpatine?

Gorei kneeled before a platform. "What is thy bidding, my master?"

Very Darth Vader and Palpatine-ish. [Wink]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No shit Sherlochs!

Vogon Popsie: To that last statement, were you deliberately withholding the "Same BAT-time, same BAT-channel!!" part? :-)

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
Member # 393

Hey, never noticed that. You're right, Nimmy, it does kinda read that way. 8)

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps