Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Elora Class, among others (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Elora Class, among others
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Paint Shop Pro 7.04.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So do I ... at times.

Anyway, I still prefer the very first version of the Bombardier, sans the changes.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the LN-68 Bombardier isn't all that great. Kinda like the refit Ingram with the Galaxy-family nacelles. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the saving grace of the LN-68 would be if the cut away part glowed red. Now that I would like...
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

-

Like that?

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, that just doesn't look right. No ship at the time had red glowing ramscoops

That's also what pissed me off when I saw the DS9 space battles with all those Mirandas with red-and-blue nacelles. As if.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well, those Mirandas also had the yellow arrowheads on the nacelle pylons. That to me suggests newbuilds or refits. So, it's safe to assume that the nacelles have been modified.

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Sure, it just looks so damn weird, especially as the red glow comes from the "grill" on the side of the nacelle where a ramscoop shouldn't be able to function.
Remember, all the "real" ramscoops faced forward as to be able to collect the hydrogen etc.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ramsoops function (IIRC) by magnetically drawing hydrogen into them. I suppose, theoretically, they could function just as well on the sides. As the ship passes close to a hydrogen atom, it would be magnetically drawn toward the nacelle, then around to the side where it gets slurped up.

I may be wrong.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I decided to tweak the Elora a bit. I never really liked the stardrive all that much. The first take, v6, was borrowed from Reverend's Entente.

-

This didn't turn out that well, and Kris said that he had designed the sensor assembly as a special adaptation for use at transwarp speeds, so I tweaked it some more and got this:

-

I think this is better.

And here we have the Whistler, another ship that I work on sometimes. Needs some work, like detailing. [Wink]

whistler1.gif

I didn't like some things in this version, mainly the nacelles. So, I made a new nacelle and here you have the current incarnation:

-

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooh.. looks pretty dauntless to me.. im itchin to see some windows on it.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I rarely do windows. Especially on ships like the Whistler. The only detailing I'll do on it will probably be a shield grid, phasers, and maybe some sensor pallets or something. Nothing fancy. [Smile]

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

New nacelles for the Bombardier. I think I might tinker with this one some more... [Smile]

-

--------------------

Red BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Toph, dont like them at all.

Try something between LN-67 and the ones on the Ingram. (Type escapes me at the moment)

IP: Logged
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well I like them. I like them a lot, actually. [Big Grin]

I moved the impulse deck back some to make room for an arboretum/rec deck in the aft portions of the saucer. And I finally added some torpedo launchers [Wink]

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps