Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Defensive torpedo boat

Author Topic: Defensive torpedo boat
Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kamakazi Class
I know the following picture is shameful compared next to any professionally done diagram of a starship, and absolutely primitive when compared to, say, the hand drawings of Pauil Cargile, but unfortunately i don't have a scanner to scan my drawings, so these simplistic "chicken scratches" will have to suffice until then. Enjoy.

NAME: U.S.S. Kamakazi
CLASS: Kamakazi
REGISTRY: NCC-C89000/F700
LENGTH: 6 meters
DIAMETER: 3 meters
WEIGHT: 5 metric tonnes dry weight
HULL COMPOSITION: Duranium
PERSONNEL CAPACITY: 1
COMMISIONING PLAQUE MOTTO: "Tread lightly but carry a big stick"

PROPULSION
Impulse Drive
-Fusion-reactor powered
-Top sublight speed: 0.97c

COMPUTER
-Interface: Holographic Virtual Spacecraft Command & Control
-Storage medium: Isolinear optical disks
-2x computer cores
-1x main core
-1x auxilary core/dedicated weapons module

DEFLECTOR SHIELDS
-2x Polarity field generators
-Auxilary Power: Emergency Plasma Accumulator Ring
-20 second shield recharge/regeneration time
-Shield modulation frequencies & bandwidths rotated by computer control

STEALTH TECHNOLOGY
-Holographic Optic Refraction System
-Multispectral Emission Supression System

PHASERS
-Type-V
-Single emitter maximum output: 5.1 MW
-1x starboard nacelle mounted omni-directional emitter
-1x port nacelle mounted omni-directional emitter

TORPEDOES
-8x exterior connect hardpoints
-4x forward quantum torpedoes
-4x aft quantum torpedoes

NAVIGATIONAL DEFLECTOR/LONG RANGE SENSORS
-Primary instruments
-3x 2a.u. deflector dish/subspace trancievers
-Wide-angle active electromagnetic scanner
-Variable frequency electromagnetic flux sensor
-Lifeform analysis instrument cluster
-Parametric subspace field stress sensor
-Gravimetric distortion scanner
-Thermal imaging array

TRANSPORTERS
-1x emergency personnel transporter

NOTES:
The Kamakazi class is NOT a suicide ship. This is one of my old design that I briefly decribed by gave no pictorial example of.

The German navy in World War II produced hundreds of small submersibles which could launch two self-proelled torpedoes mounted on a exterior hard point towards a target. They were primarily used to guard a bay suspected on incoming invasion by sea.

Like the old German subs these vehicles were not long-range, and so were moved via truck. But in
this case a 700-fighter carrier is used to quickly deploy them, not a truck.

But unlike the German mini-subs these small torpedo boats move incredabley fast, speeding towards a target launching it's weapons, then pull out of the dive and reversing it's course, then firing off four more of it's deadly armament. This is similar in tactic to the Japanese dive bombers, called Kamakazis by American and English seamen.

Carried also on board are small phaser emitters on pivots. These provide little offensive purpose
but are standard on all Starfleet vessels.
The kamakazi is powered by a single mini-fusion drive and impulse engine.
The cockpit is retactable as well as the deflector arm for storage purposes. The frontal sphere can also serve as a very crude life boat if need be, carrying with it the computer modules and distress beacon.

The stealth system onboard is not only meant to fool your eyes with the holographic refractions system, but the multi-spectral supression system can re-direct incoming scans enough to prevent an effective lock on the Kamakazi.

------------------
I shall smite Sternbach with my SpoonSaber!

[This message has been edited by Antagonist (edited June 25, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Antagonist (edited June 25, 1999).]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent! Although it carries many more torpedoes, its launching concept is similar to my own Hunley class point-defense fighter. Different ships, quite different configuration, different missions, but some similar operating principles, nonetheless.

I LIKE it!

--Baloo

------------------
Being right is not enough.
You can't badger someone into agreeing with you.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited June 26, 1999).]

Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks kindly, Baloo.

And I just realized it, but my "stealth technology," the Multispectral Emission Supression System (or what you like to call it PIMESS, a rather large acronym, BTW. *L*) is pretty much similar to yours. No plagurism intended, here I thought I had a complete original idea. *shrugs*

In any case, The Kamakazi and Hunely differ greatly indeed. The Kamakazi was never intended for a long duration battle, especially excahnging phaser fire. It more or less charges the target and runs...much like my dog.

------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't want to dissappoint you, but I think it should be bigger. A 6x3 metre cylinder isn't enough to hold even one photon torpedo launcher, let alone a bevy or torpedoes, or a cockpit.

Unless the whole thing is computerized and they use the smaller torpedoes on the Runabouts. But then, they just wouldn't be that powerful..........

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Antagonist
Member # 76

Like i said before...or maybe I didn't say it before? Ah well, I can say it now.
The torpedoes are mounted on external hardpoints, which means they don't require a launcher. The warp sustainer coils of course have to be removed to add a high-energy short-duration burst of speed, but what you get is a torpedo that goesa little bit slower than a normal torpedo launched one.

And I just realized about a few days ago that the torpedoes shown on that picture aren't really to scale, they'd more or less take up the entire length of a whole sphere.

In any case, they make lifeboats smaller, and they seat four, not one. This is plenty big enough to hold one pilot with a self-contained life-support, a impulse engine, computers, and external connects for torpedoes.

------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*DOH*, forgot what Hardpoints are.

Oh, whatever.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps